General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unbelievable!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Nov 2023 11:48

The phone rang whilst I was in the shower so daughter answered. She said it was a female with a high pitched voice. Told them to tel back in an hour.

Anyway, within 1/2 hour, I did 1471 and immediately recognized the tel no. It was the Estate Agents we had cancelled the contract with.

Since I gave notice, I have had various emails, all from different people, sending me the marketing report on the property etc and how can we move forward to get further interest!!

So I replied to the last email and pointed out that the property should have been removed from their website 5 days ago, my account should have been deleted and why were they asking me about promoting new interest???

So I spoke with the female who sounded about 10 and put these questions to her. I asked if she knew we were no longer with them and she replied she didnt!

I suggested that they improve their communication skills and speak to all the people in her team(she's the manager apparently). She then apologised and has promised to remove the property from the website, close my account and delete my email from their marketing base.

And then unbelievably, she asked what my plans were with regards to selling the property and could she help in any way. I said we have moved to a different Estate Agent as you company failed to deliver the promise of" we will wrap up a sale in 57 days and we sell more properties than any other Estate Agent in this area."

Clearly, she didn't understand anything I was talking about and to think she said she was the manager of the branch.

Victor Meldrew's famous words spring to mind, " I don't believe it."

Florence in the hebrides

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 15 Nov 2023 20:14

Sounds like not only not talking to each other they are not listening to you either, hopefully it will be better with new agents .

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Nov 2023 22:00

Yes I really hope so!