General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian sizeing.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Feb 2024 12:57

My cousin told me that her husband is an XL for tee shirts, so could someone tell me what that is in inches please, I've googled it but it didn't help much, I would like to buy some in actual inches. Thank you.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 4 Feb 2024 14:29

Found it on shoponlina.com

XL in men’s is 43-46 inch chest.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 4 Feb 2024 14:35

OOO thanks nameslessone.

BrianW

BrianW Report 13 Feb 2024 09:23

The sizing system is broke.
Ladies ones which just give a number seem to have no consistent standard.

Even gents which purport to give a measurement can't be believed.
On Saturday I wore a pair of 34" waist trousers which went round me at a squeeze.
Today I am wearing a pair of jeans which I can pass my fist through the waist so are held up by a belt.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Feb 2024 20:53

Brian ........ ladies clothing has never had any consistency! That was what it was like in the UK before I left in 1967, and what it is over here, in both Canada and the US. And don't mention trying to understand the European system in North America!

I have tops, skirts, etc that are large, extra large and extra extra large, and they all fit about the same. Before Christmas I bought a winter sweater online from Canada's oldest and best-loved department store.

It arrived, gorgeous colour, lovely soft wool, turtleneck as I wanted. BUT the extra large was better fitting for a medium! I couldn't breathe in it!

I couldn't return it because it was on sale and final sale. So I shall be passing it on, probably on the local Free site.