General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

King Charles has been diagnosed with cancer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Feb 2024 18:08

It’s just been announced by Buckingham Palace

He won’t do face to face events whilst undergoing treatment

Statement from the palace

A statement read: “During the King’s recent hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement, a separate issue of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer.
“His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties. Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake state business and official paperwork as usual.
“The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure. He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible.
“His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer.”
Prostate cancer has been ruled out.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Feb 2024 18:18

Just seen this on the news, we wish him well and a quick recovery.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 5 Feb 2024 19:02

Got a shock as just put the news on and saw this.

At least whilst he was in hospital, they picked this up early so hopefully the treatment will get rid of it.

Wishing him a good recovery

Annx

Annx Report 5 Feb 2024 19:30

Yes it was a shock hearing the news. At least his prostate issue means it was picked up now rather than later. Best wishes to him with his treatment and recovery. The family are certainly having their share of health issues lately.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 5 Feb 2024 20:45

Dear All

I was shocked to see this as the first headline on the news.

Prayers to the King and his family.

With much respect
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Feb 2024 20:52

It hasn't been said what Kate Middleton was in for, only that it was a stomach operation. :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 Feb 2024 00:23

ZZzzz .... the announcement for her did say it was NOT cancer.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 Feb 2024 14:22

And why should we have to know the personal details. I am sure most females I know wouldn't want their personal problems all over the press.

Hopefully as the King's cancer has been caught early it can be caught by whatever method is applicable in his case. It is a worry though because of his age so let us hope he is soon OK.

good to see that at least Harry has flown home to see him.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 7 Feb 2024 00:31

SylviainCanada. I did wonder if it was a Hysterectomy because she/they don't want her to have any more children.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Feb 2024 03:31

ZZzzz

....... like most women, I think, I also thought that, or endometriosis which can cause great pain.

There are other ways not to have more children than such a big operation, though!