General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just nonsense really.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 7 Feb 2024 01:12

But I wanted to say that I have a watch that tells the time and nothing else. :-D

agingrocker

agingrocker Report 7 Feb 2024 06:23

Me too. It's right twice every day.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Feb 2024 09:52

Once if it is on 24 hr setting ;-) :-D :-D :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 7 Feb 2024 11:16

I don't need my watch to do more than keep correct time... BUT..

I do wish it had some sort of indicator, which told me when the battery was almost due for replacement.

Luckily, I have never been caught out by a situation, where it just stopped, for example, if I've been out and need to catch a certain train home, but there have been times, when a few days difference would have been awkward.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 7 Feb 2024 12:31

Mine only tells the time, including a seconds hand, which is unusual on a ladies' watch, and it tends to start losing when the battery is getting low, which is useful.

OH has two watches - one which only tells the time and the date and another, all-singing, all-dancing one, which tells him all sorts of weird things. How many steps he has walked, for instance, (usually wrong because he hasn't adjusted it for advancing age/shorter steps) or how many hours deep sleep he has had. Not enough, according to him! :-)