General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

UK, Electoral Registers, 2011-2018

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Feb 2024 17:05

New on Ancestry.

This collection contains an index of all persons appearing in the electoral register in the years 2011-2018

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Feb 2024 17:11

Not showing on my Ancestry pages :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 9 Feb 2024 19:04

Surely, Mr Magoo, it's all those who didn't tick the 'don't publish my name and address' box.
Looking on 192.com - who get their information from the electoral register, I'm not on there from 2008, as I ticked the privacy box.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 9 Feb 2024 19:09

Correct Maggie. People request privacy now not like earlier registers. Still helpful though.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Feb 2024 23:08

Not showing on my Ancestry either.

However, the public ERs on GR go right up to 2023, and have done for years.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 10 Feb 2024 09:42

C/P from Ancestry….

Source Information
Ancestry.com. UK, Electoral Registers, 2011-2018 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2024.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Feb 2024 10:13

In that case, perhaps it's only on Ancestry.com, and not on Ancestry.co.uk.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Feb 2024 14:32

Found my grandson on it to 20o3 but not later

We opted out as soon as you could so we don’t show

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 10 Feb 2024 18:16

Thank you for the info Mr Magoo, even though my cup of tea is now cold and not too sure how easy it will be to heave this old body from my sofa after a good old scroll of these pages. Goodness knows how long I have been sitting here!

I found myself (even though I thought I had ticked the privacy box :-| ) and had a good old nosey ;-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 10 Feb 2024 19:11

Just arrived on my Ancestry.. :-S

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Feb 2024 22:05

Oh yes - and mine.