General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Body Shop

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Feb 2024 14:52

Now Body shop has gone into administration

I have to admit, at one time I would always go into body shop and had a lot of their stuff but it is years since I bought anything from them. Although it is more expensive I tend to prefer Rituals these days.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 13 Feb 2024 15:17

I think it’s in administration rather than liquidation so some of it might get rescued. I don’t think it’s been the same since it was sold to l’Oreal some years back and I think it’s been sold a couple of times since then.

A couple of my granddaughters like Lush products.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Feb 2024 15:22

I just heard this on the radio.

There are many many Body Shops Reps in this area, they must be a bit worried!

However, their products are very expensive. But Tropics is equally expensive too

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Feb 2024 15:49

Thank you Vera, I have edited it, don't know where my mind was when I wrote that.

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 13 Feb 2024 16:17

It is years since I bought anything in. Body Shop as well. If my granddaughters want anything like that, they prefer to go to Lush and buy bath bombs etc.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 13 Feb 2024 17:20

Ann, my mind is frequently somewhere else, as it is now. I just went to sign in and instead of my email address I typed “Good evening all”. How daft is that!

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Feb 2024 17:30

aw vera :-D :-D :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Feb 2024 17:41

Partly down perhaps to the greater availabilty of ethical and vegan products now even from supermarkets, really didn't have that when Body Shop started out.

There is a Body Shop in town wonder if that will close. Lush went from the shopping centre here even though it seemed to be doing well, because the rents are so high. A lot of the shops are empty, or very temporary.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Feb 2024 21:57

I still buy make up, clensers and moisturisers from Body Shop.
I'm allergic to Lanolin, which is in a LOT of moisturisers, and make up, but not in Body Shop stuff.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 14 Feb 2024 08:50

I first shopped in Body Shop when it opened in 1976. Subsequently when in Oxford Street I always popped in there and bought something.

I think everyone I knew wore either White Musk or Dewberry perfumes. :-D :-D

I thought I was being very virtuous when I took my empties back and had them refilled.

I still have one of their little green handbag mirrors. :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Feb 2024 09:30

I have one of those mirrors, too. Not that I ever use it - it just sits in a drawer year after year.

I also have a half-used bottle of Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion, which is several years old. I do still use it very occasionally, when I remember about it!

The news report which I heard said that Body Shop may be relaunched with much more emphasis on online sales.

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 14 Feb 2024 11:35

AGran, mine resides in the drawer too. Along with a Mary Quant lipstick. :-D :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Feb 2024 12:29

Far too expensive is my experience of them

Bought a few things years ago but then found equally as good products and cheaper brands elsewhere

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Feb 2024 13:10

The only items I bought back in the 70s/80s was a Camomile shampoo. It made my hair very soft and shiny and smelt wonderful. They also did a lipstick in a peach colour which I would purchase 5 at a time.

However when my supply ran out, they had discontinued both my lipstick and shampoo.

I agree Shirley, other products from elsewhere are cheaper.

Whilst cosmetics not treated on animals are a good thing, they often have a hefty price tag and in todays financial climate, I think consumers are buying according to their budget.