General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heghlow.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 14 Feb 2024 22:19

Is there such a name or is it a misspelling for a similar name please?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Feb 2024 22:40

It's a mis-spelling.

Is it a person's name? Or a place?

For instance, there's a place called Highlow Hall in Derbyshire.

If it's on a genealogy record, please tell us more, so that we can look at it ourselves.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Feb 2024 22:43

There was a Rachael Heyhoe Flint, who captained the English cricket team, at one time.
Her father's surname was Heyhoe.

Do you mean it was a surname?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Feb 2024 23:01

Where did you find it ?

Is it a name or place

If it’s a record then maybe another set of eyes may help :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 14 Feb 2024 23:21

It is on a birth cert of 1842, I've looked on the following census but not found anything close.... yet.

greyghost

greyghost Report 14 Feb 2024 23:42

Is it the child's Father's name or the maiden name of the Mother or even a first name (there were some strange ones out there). Or the name of the place the child was born.

If you give all the details from the certificate, it may be possible to find some information.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Feb 2024 01:15

Still doesn’t mean a lot sorry

Can you give the full details of what’s on the cert and what you are looking for

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 15 Feb 2024 09:04

There are no Heglow surnames on the 1851 Ancestry census returns. There are Helow, Hellow, Hewlow

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Feb 2024 10:04

It's also useful to know where in the country this is.
The name, said in a strong local accent can sound totally different to the way it's written - or the way you expect it to be written.