General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parking ticket machines

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2024 12:58

Whilst i was "surfing" the net as i do always looking for interesting reads, i came across an article which i had to laugh at although really the council are not laughing.

There is a beauty spot nr Bradford called St Ives and had been free to park. When the council installed a ticket machine so free parking was removed, the locals who visit the spot were not happy bunnies.

So it would appear that over a weekend recently, locals arrived only to find, "someone" had completely stolen the machine :-D :-D

On the noticeboard showing the charges, a notice read" the parking charges have temporarily been suspended." Presumably because they don't have a replacement machine.

There were 4 concrete poles which would have taken some removing and they believe it was done in 2 sessions.

Now whilst I don't agree with what has happened, I guess its better than vandalising the machine? Although, if it had been vandalised, it could have been repaired.

Quite amazing the stories you come across.

Florence in the hebrides

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Feb 2024 13:27

Thank you for putting this up, it made me smile.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2024 13:36

ZZzzz glad it raised a smile :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2024 13:40

:-D
It what can you do with an old ticket machine?

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 15 Feb 2024 14:35

Put it outside your gate to stop people blocking it! :-) :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2024 14:54

Names, nothing! I think whoever stole it was just making a point about the charges. Its probably been fly tipped somewhere which would be terrible but don't think they would keep it in their garden!

Andysmum, that made me smile :-D :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Feb 2024 17:34

Door stops?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Feb 2024 19:03

:-D :-D :-D@names

BrianW

BrianW Report 20 Feb 2024 09:36

In days of yore, when speed cameras needed film to be extracted, some chewing gum or a spot of glue in the lock would disable it for quite a while.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 20 Feb 2024 12:36

And you know this how Brian? ;-) ;-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 20 Feb 2024 12:45

:-D :-D :-D :-D