General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wonderful to see.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 17 Feb 2024 18:28

Spring flowers in bloom, Daffodils, Snowdrops, Primroses. Better than a tonic, surprising really as we have had lots and lots rain, maybe they have developed webbed roots. :-D

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Feb 2024 18:33

Quite a lot of blossom on some hedgerow trees too. :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Feb 2024 21:05

ZZzzz ......... the early spring seems to be world wide, ermmmm Norhern Hemisphere wide!

Snowdrops etc are out here

The forsythia bushes in our garden are already flowering. I'll have to get OH to cut some branches for me to have in the house.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 17 Feb 2024 21:28

We have snowdrops and daffodils, as expected but we also have a large camellia in bloom and that isn't supposed to flower until May. :-S

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 17 Feb 2024 22:33

I guess they go by the weather / temperature then, it would be nice for our bodies to accept that and be warm too eh.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 Feb 2024 23:09

I still have a carnation in bloom from last summer that never died off :-S

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Feb 2024 11:44

coming back from Cheltenham yesterday there were several blossom trees in full bloom, definitely early this year Nature won't know if it is coming or going. In my garden I have Hellebores, crocus, daffodils and snowdrops. They do cheer us up when they suddenly appear.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 18 Feb 2024 19:16

Dear All

Hello

Hope you are all okay.

I could not agree more.

The afternoons are staying lighter too!

With spectacular sunsets and sunrises.

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 19 Feb 2024 13:00

I noticed a bed of lovely deep purple violets today. There were so many in a small
area. :-D

Nearby willow trees were started to come into leaf too.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 19 Feb 2024 19:37

Hello Elizabeth hav'nt seen you around lately.

I had roses out on the wall in December but a hard frost put paid to those but loads of snowdrops crocus, hellibores small daffs and some big ones and primroses too O and my hyasynths are nearly out showing colour of blue and pink bulbs that were in pot years ago and come up every year. When you see them it lifts your heart after all the rain and dull weather we've have had lately. I don't think my forsythia is out yet and its up on the south facing wall.

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 19 Feb 2024 20:03

Dear Mel

Hello :-)

Hope things are going well for you.

Take gentle care
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 21 Feb 2024 13:18

I have daffodils in flower, and a helborus my daughter planted last year blosoming.
I've also got 2 teasles that have had small 'flowers' low down, in the centre of the plant since last year!
One thing I've nearly beaten are the hundreds of grape hyacinths that were everywhere!