General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

JAMES TOZER DUNSTAN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rita

Rita Report 26 Nov 2004 00:54

Hi my name is Rita Wilson, and am tracing both the DUNSTAN & O'LEARY LINES. some months ago hubby & I visited Charters Towers.Q'ld. on hols, but also to try to find some missing pieces of my mother's, no success on that, but while looking around the Historical Cemetry, I came accross a grave of one JAMES TOZER DUNSTAN the inscription on the Headstone was very clear and able to be read : MEMORY of JAMES TOZER DUNSTAN, Native of Perrandworthol,Cornwell. England. Who departed this life, Sept.15th.1890, Aged 54yrs. Rest in Peace On looking up some of the old records, we also found several other DUNSTANS buried in this cemetry. DUNSTANS : Mary Ann d.26/3/1880 - INFANT Selina d.12/01/1885 - 12 days old Mary Ann d.3/5/1887 - Methodist - aged 40yrs. Mary Jane d.04/03/1888 - Methodist - aged 11mths. Thomas d.26/01/1888 - Methodist - aged 24yrs.(mine acc.) Mary Jane d.26/03/1887 - aged 3wks. Oliver d.07/02/1886 - aged 24yrs.(Typhoid) as yet I have not connected any of these to my tree, but they maybe of some use to other branches of the DUNSTAN CLAN I know there are others that have traced or are still tracing this name - would love to here from you, the info I have was given to me by my father's cousin - William Norman Dunstan, there was also a Mrs.Pat (Dunstan) Cook from W.Aust. that he recieved info from. Kind Regards. Rita

Hayley

Hayley Report 24 Apr 2018 08:53

Hi I don't know if we have a connection or not ! but I'm stuck on the o'learys as my Nan was one but was very secretive about them (no idea why)
She was Rosetta o'leary born London 1921 her father was a Daniel Lawrence o'leary 1891 and mother Suannah Heffill 1896c
My Nan Rosetta had (what I have found ) a brother and 2 sisters
Frank 1916c Ellen 1920c and Doris 1922c
Now going back to Daniels father I have a Daniel o'leary 1856c
That is roughly all I have as far as I'm aware they are from London but not sure when they came to London from Ireland
The only other info I have is my Nan said there was a lot of brothers in the olearys but I'm yet to find any more of them ! Or if that was even true !
Does this help you at all ?
Or can you help me ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Apr 2018 09:10

Hayley
You have responded to a very old thread and it would seem the poster is no longer a member so you won't be able to make contact

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Apr 2018 09:25

Hayley's adding to any thread where the subject is an O'Leary family connection.
She might strike lucky - you never know! :-D

Added - have sent a PM to Hayley suggesting to checks the date of the thread & how to contact the OP off board.
I've also suggested she starts her own thread on FA to see if other members can help track down her origins.