Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shaw Alfred Robert 1883

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 6 Jul 2008 16:42

I am trying to find out what happened to Alfred Robert Shaw born 1883 he seems to have dissapeared after 1920. We believe his partner was a lady called Gertrude Knubley or Nubley, she was a Sunday school teacher, andthey had a child together. Alfred was living in Farnworth, Birkenhead at the time. He belonged to St. Lukes church, Farnworth. I am trying like to find out what happened to him or when and where he died. We would love to hear from anyone who knew Alfred or Gertrude, so if you knew of them please conntact me.

Regards

Jane

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 6 Jul 2008 17:04

For reference - this could be Gertrude Knubley's birth.

LL

Births Jun 1896
Knubley Gertrude Frances W Derby 8b 584

Could one of these be Gertrude and Alfred's son?

Births Jun 1921
Knubley Colin mothers maiden name Knubley
W.Derby 8b 566

Births Sep 1915
Knubley Fred mothers maiden name Knubley
Wirral 8a 722