Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

selina phillips/powell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 10 Dec 2008 20:10

selina phillips1895/ married powell. selina was my gran. does anyone have any info on her and her family i have done a tree but would like family history she was born lived and died in milford ,and for a short while lived in pontypridd where she bought a sweet shop. would love to know about her siblings and the background of her parents. my sub runs out mid jan so please reply soon, thanks marilyn

Catherine

Catherine Report 10 Dec 2008 20:34

Which Milford do you mean, there are five in the uk?

Catherine

Catherine Report 10 Dec 2008 20:39

If the Pembroke record is the correct one, then that will give you her parents names and mothers maiden name.

In 1901 Welsh census there are two possible records that could be her:-

Selina Phillips (Daniel, Elizabeth) abt 1894 Llanfihangel, Pembrokeshire, Wales Daughter Cilgerran, Pembrokeshire

and

Selina Phillips (Amos) abt 1896 Norton Mill, Pembrokeshire, Wales Daughter Llanstadwell, Pembrokeshire

The marriage cert. will give you her father's name and profession which you need to find her in the census records!!