Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry Harvey Marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 4 Oct 2009 10:31

I am in a total pickle with information from various info I have collected.
From census I have a
Henry Harvey b1792
Spouse Elizabeth b1804 both born in Woodham Walters, Essex.
I cannot find the marriage between these two so I don't know the surname for Elizabeth.
From various other sources (no hard evidence) it seems that Elizabeths surname is Philbrook and that she is the daughter of Spurgin Philbrook and Martha Cole. Spurgin Philbrook being the son of Egerton Dansie Coleman Philbrick and Lucy Locker.
I managed to find the marriage of a Spurgin Filbrooke and a Martha Cole in 1799 but it is definately Filbrooke and not Philbrook.
I have tried looking for baptisms but have been unable to find any. I'm so confused as I am not sure whether or not I have the right ancestors.
Can anyone help me sort this out please.

Carolyn

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Oct 2009 11:05

just for reference

SPURGIN FILBROOKE Pedigree
Male Family
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: MARTHA COLE Family
Marriage: 15 OCT 1799 Great Chishall, Essex, England

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 4 Oct 2009 11:06

Spurgin Filbrooke Pedigree
Male Family
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: About 1774 Of Woodham,Walter, , Essex, England
Marriages:
Spouse: Martha Cole Family
Marriage: 15 OCT 1799 Boxed, , Essex, England

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 4 Oct 2009 11:28

Thank you for taking the time to look up and reply. I already have this info which does not help to sort out the mess. I think I need to find the marriage of Henry Harvey and Elizabeth. From the info I have been given it took place on 2nd December 1825, Woodham Walter, Essex but I can't find anything to back it up.

Carolyn

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 4 Oct 2009 12:15

Can anyone help in any way to find the marriage of Henry Harvey and Elizabeth, (maybe Philbrook) From the info I have been given it took place on 2nd December 1825, Woodham Walter, Essex. I have checked on various sights but have not found it. Perhaps someone knows of a sight that I have not tried yet.
I would be grateful for any help as I have exhausted all of my resources.

Carolyn

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Oct 2009 14:34

Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Print

HENRY HARVEY Pedigree
Male Family

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Marriages:
Spouse: SUSAN GOZZETT Family
Marriage: 05 FEB 1813 Woodham Walter, Essex, England

Form submitted by a member of the LDS Church. The form lists the submitter's name and address and may include source information. The address may be outdated. Details vary. To find the form, you must know the batch and sheet number.

Barbara

Barbara Report 4 Oct 2009 14:47

1851 census
Name: Henry Harvey
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1792
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth
Where born: Woodham Walter, Essex, England

Civil parish: Woodham Walter
Ecclesiastical parish: Rochester
County/Island: Essex

Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability: View image

Registration district: Maldon
Sub-registration district: Southminster
ED, institution, or vessel: 10
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 5
Household Members: Name Age
Henry Harvey 59
Elizabeth Harvey 46
Miriam Harvey 12
Josiah Harvey 10
Allice Harvey 7

If you send for Miriams birth cert it will give her mothers maiden name

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Births Mar 1839 (>99%)

Harvey Miriam Maldon 12 127

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 4 Oct 2009 15:01

Susan Gozette was Henry Harveys 1st wife who died during child birth he later married Elizabeth (Philbrook)!
I suppose the only way left to find out Elizabeths surname is as you said to buy the birth cert of Mirriam. Just thought that another pair of eyes would find something that I hadn't or would of known of other sites that I could check. Thanks for your time and help Barbara, it is much appreciated.

Kind regards
Carolyn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Oct 2009 15:10

This is part of my family ,
James Ager widower married Emma Philbrick widow nee suckling in 1847 at West hanningford Essex
Emmas first husband was James Philbrick .son of Spurgen I have Harvey family too in the tree all from Maldon and surrounding areas have been told Harvey was very common name and all of them interlinked along the line
Spurgen Phillbrick did in fact marry sarah Gozet and Martha Cole
on the face of it Elizabeth looks to be a sister of james who was born c1807 Woodham Water Essex

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 4 Oct 2009 16:25

Shirley, thank you for the info, have you by chance a family tree that I could view.

Kind regards
Carolyn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Oct 2009 16:42

yes i have if you click on my name and send me a Pm i will open the tree, I only have James on it though as that is the line i am following through his wife Emma Suckling. There are others on Genes too that have the same Phillbrick/Phillbrook family