Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Relations in Italy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carlo

Carlo Report 11 Feb 2010 13:29

Has anyone got contacts in Italy i am having trouble tracing info due to language barrier. The name is gambardella and it is from naples Italy.
I am looking for a Luigi gambardella c1875 who had a son Domenico in 1901 who married a Concetta Matino born 1902.
I am looking for any known children and partners.
Thanks Grazia

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Feb 2010 15:03

Luigi Gambardella Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 30 SEP 1917 Napoli, Napoli, Italy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Antonio Gambardella Family
Mother: Lucia Pesce
Marriages:
Spouse: Unavailable Family
Marriage: 28 AUG 1941 Napoli, Napoli, Italy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Feb 2010 15:04

Luigi Gambardella Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth: 15 JUL 1759 Montepertuso, Salerno, Italy
Parents:
Father: Aniello Gambardella Family
Mother: Beatrice Cinque

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Feb 2010 15:05

Concetta GAMBARDELLA Pedigree
Female Family
Event(s):
Birth: About 1875 Of Napoli, Napoli, Napoli, Italy
Marriages:
Spouse: Pasquale MAINOLFI Family
Marriage: About 1896 Of Napoli, Napoli, Napoli, Italy

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Feb 2010 15:05

Concetta Matino Pedigree
Female
Event(s):
Birth: 16 MAR 1817 Lucera, Foggia, Italy

Christening: 16 MAR 1817
Parents:
Father: Francesco Matino Family
Mother: Anna Grieco
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Feb 2010 15:07

Domenico Gambardella Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth: 19 NOV 1842 Foggia, Foggia, Italy

Christening: 20 NOV 1842
Parents:
Father: Paolo Gambardella Family
Mother: Maria Esposita
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Carlo

Carlo Report 12 Feb 2010 22:35

I cannot match any of the known dates up sorry but thanks for your help

The info i have is Domenico Gambardella 1901 Napoli is known his father was Luigi Gambardella circa 1875. mother not known.

Wife was Concetta Matino 1902

where did you find the info what web site?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Feb 2010 23:21

on the free Mormon website

http://www.ancestorhunt.com/mormon_church_records.htm

Lynne

Lynne Report 13 Feb 2010 09:09

Hi Carlo

Did the family end up here in the UK I can try to do some research for you, as I have spent the last 6 years trying to find my elusive Italian ggrandfather perhaps I can point you in the right direction. Do you know Domenico occupation etc.

Regards Lynne.

By the way Carlo was my ggrandfathers name

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 13 Feb 2010 10:47

what's the surname of your grandfather Lynne and do you know where he was born?

Lynne

Lynne Report 13 Feb 2010 11:09

Hi Ann

His name was Besselo, Bossolo on the wedding certificate its Besselo, on the 1891 & 1901 its Bossolo although he isnt named on either census I presumed he was at sea. He was born abt 1851 I think in Lombardy but I have no deffinate proof. He was a marchant seaman & met my ggrandmother Mary in Penarth Wales later having my grandmother Olivetta in 1887, he then dissappeared in 1897 but I cant find him anywhere, there is a Carlo Bossolo going over to America but still I have no proof of that.

Lynne

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 14 Feb 2010 06:20

Hi Carlo

You could try the volunteer for Italy at www.raogk.org

Different province but she offers to answer general questions relating to Italian research.

Good luck!

Carlo

Carlo Report 15 Feb 2010 01:18

Sorry occupations unknown

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Feb 2010 11:08

Hi Lynne - no luck with yours I'm sorry - why not start a posting of your own on Trying to Find?