Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joanna Abraham-Peskir

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanna

Joanna Report 26 May 2003 07:45

I am looking for any information on the name Jacquest. They seem to be specific to Northamptonshire. But where did the name come from? My great great grandmother was Zillah Jacquest b1863, but can't find any other family members with that name.

Sue

Sue Report 29 Aug 2007 13:51

I have just seen this message.

My husband's grandmother was Zilla Jacquest (from Northampton).

He also has a Zilla Jacquest born in 1863 as an ancestor - married to Henry Litchfield, dughter of Zillah Man and Samuel Jacquest.
Any relation?

Paul

Paul Report 15 Sep 2007 14:40

I am related to the JACQUESTS via Leonard Jacquest and his third and late marriage to my Aunt Edith Digby of Northampton. I've no details on their marriage. I do not have a Zilla or Dorcas in my Tree nor a Samuel.
I do have a Thomas Jacquest b.1845 and his wife Martha and children Philip, Martha, Frederick, Leonard and Evelyn.
Any help?
Paul

Sue

Sue Report 19 Sep 2007 13:37

Hi Paul

Sorry - not part of our family but it is possible that there is some connection if we go back far enough. Will keep this info in mind. Thanks

Sue

Sue

Sue Report 19 Sep 2007 13:37

Hi Paul

Sorry - not part of our family but it is possible that htere is some connection if we go back far enough. Will keep this info in mind. Thanks

Sue