Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Powell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Corrine

Corrine Report 5 May 2005 09:49

Corrine Pratt 05/05/05 ( Powell) Hello folks I am trying to trace my Great Grandfather. George Powell, Born in Hadnall ( Shropshire ) around 1862. He was born to Thomas & Mary Powell. ( Farmers ) I have traced him to London where he Married Margaret Hagger in 1884, in Kentish town, and had a son in 1887 Corrie George , who was my Grandfather. They then moved back to Hadnall and had a daughter May in 1891. In the 1891 census they were still living in Hadnall. I know that he left the family some time between the 1891 & 1901 Census, but can not find any trace of him on the 1901 census or any time after. I believe he was still alive at this time. but the trail has gone cold. Lastly he may have run away with another woman if family tales are to be believed, so he may have got married again, and could have gone to Ireland. Can any one out there help please.