Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Catherine Maud Potter, from 1870

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 4 Oct 2006 21:49

I am trying to research Potters related to my great grandmother Catherine Maud Potter (1870) from then until now 2006 to add to my family tree. If anyone can help I would be grateful. Many thanks Joanne

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 4 Oct 2006 22:14

Joanne what do you know about Catherine? Where was she born?

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 4 Oct 2006 22:17

There is a Catherine M Potter born in Finchley, North London (then Middlesex) in 1870. Is that the one? Jim

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 4 Oct 2006 22:30

If she was from London...This maybe her aged 1 with her parents and siblings. Stanhope Road Finchley. 1871 census Name: Catherine M Potter Age: 1 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1870 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Alfred Mother's name: Isabella Gender: Female Where born: London, England Civil Parish: Finchley Ecclesiastical parish: St John County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Barnet Sub-registration district: Finchley ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 95 Household Members: Name Age Alfred Potter 33 Catherine M Potter 1 Emily D Potter 8 Ernest A Potter 4 Foloram J Potter 6 Isabella Potter 38

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 4 Oct 2006 22:42

This seems to be her wedding - have we got the right one? Marriages Jun 1898 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bennett Robert George Barnet 3a 464 Lucas John Barnet 3a 464 Potter Catherine Maude Barnet 3a 464 Savage Ann Barnet 3a 464 Did she marry John or Robert? JIm

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 8 Oct 2006 02:48

It would be lovely to get feed back!.........

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2006 04:17

Is this her in 1901? Catharine M Bennett Robert G abt 1870 Hackney, London, England Wife Reigate Surrey