Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could I have a look up on 1861 census please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 27 Oct 2006 22:32

Could someone see if they can find an ELIZA SOPHIA KNUBEL(L) born abt 1850 possibly in Whitechapel on the 1861 census. Thank you very much. It's an unusual surname so hopefully there won't be too many possibles. I would like to see if she's with family and where they are living.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Oct 2006 22:35

Is this the family? Name: Leese Knubel Age: 11 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1850 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Dudench Mother's name: Sophia Gender: Female Where born: Middlesex, England, Middlesex, England Civil Parish: St George in the East County/Island: Middlesex Country: England Registration district: St George In The East Sub-registration district: St Mary ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 116 Household Members: Name Age Heinrich Ahren 23 Carl Cerg 18 Heinrich Chlmann 28 Christian Dedering 21 Claris Klee 40 Dudench Knubel 50 Duderich Knubel 6 Leese Knubel 11 Sarah Knubel 12 Sophia Knubel 60 Heinrich Meier 20 Adolph Priggen 19 Yohann Schierhalt 26 Reg

Julie

Julie Report 27 Oct 2006 22:41

Thanks for looking. I think it must be Reg, the name is quite unusual. I haven't been able to find her birth registered - looked on free bmd at all knubels. Does it say where her parents were born, occupations, address etc.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Oct 2006 22:44

Parents were born Germany Leese is obviously Eliza with a German accent..... Birth registration wasn't compulsory until 1875........ If you'd like to have the image.send me your e-mail address via PM. Reg

Julie

Julie Report 27 Oct 2006 22:45

Thanks Reg. Sending you a PM.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Oct 2006 22:49

Her marriage............ Name: Eliza Sophia A Knubell Year of Registration: 1869 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Whitechapel County: London Volume: 1c Page: 771 Francisco Alberola 1869 Jul-Aug-Sep Whitechapel London Johanne Deveson 1869 Jul-Aug-Sep Whitechapel London John Henry Kruse 1869 Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Oct 2006 22:50

Might this be the marriage of the parents? Name: Diederick Knubell Year of Registration: 1848 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: City of London County: London Volume: 2 Page: 167 Sophia Wiesen Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Oct 2006 22:52

Birth reg'ns for two of the children Name: Dederich Hinrich Knubel Year of Registration: 1855 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: St George IN The East County: London Volume: 1c Page: 427 Name: Sarah Catherine Margaret Knubel Year of Registration: 1849 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Whitechapel County: London Volume: 2 Page: 661 Reg

Julie

Julie Report 27 Oct 2006 22:59

Thanks Reg. Just been over on Free BMD checking the same thing. Don't know why Leese's birth wasn't registered. The parents seem very old don't they. That is her marriage. Her and John Kruse are my gt gt grandparents. Hope I have better luck with German ancestors than my Irish ones!!