Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed from people in the know ...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry/Pam

Barry/Pam Report 30 Jul 2006 03:52

i had help with my tree many moons ago when i started and my grt x4 grandad joseph brn c1809 ( i have found most of the family myself and confirmed link that far back)anyway the lady who helped me said that his parents were called ann and william wilbraham but gave me nothing else to go for, wedding births etc so i cant confirm,i have found 2 possible weddings but and this is the problem i have..... it being b4 1800 and having never gone back this far b4 i have no idea how to find any of the info ,the only clue i have is that joseph in 1851 census was living in acton cheshire with his wife and 7 of his kids and it says he was born in crowton in cheshire,thats as much info as i have so far except that joseph had 5 siblings ...catherine c1800, ellen c 1802 , william c1804 , peter c1807 , and ann c 1812... all this info was off the kind lady who helped me before and i have sent her a message but having heard nothing from her yet i thought id ask for help from the wonderful people on genes and get your advice....thanks Barry ps... sorry for the waffle lol

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jul 2006 06:22

Hi Barry, According to IGI on Familysearch.org; Anne, Catherine and Ellen were born in Weaverham in Cheshire to William and Ann. No mention of Joseph though. 1. Anne <Wilbraham> - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 12 APR 1812 Weaverham, Cheshire, England 2. Catherine <Wilbraham> - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 13 JUL 1800 Weaverham, Cheshire, England 3. Ellen <Wilbraham> - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 19 SEP 1802 Weaverham, Cheshire, England Rose

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jul 2006 08:50

To find stuff before 1837 civil reg and 1841 census you have to look for parish records. Some are on www.familysearch.org but often its female members only whose baptisms are listed. Parish records are kept at the relevant county records offices and some may be with the county library service and/or local history centre. Local family history societies may also have transcripts and do searches for a small fee. If you are near an LDS (Mormon) family history site you can order microfilm of the parish you want to view there for a small fee. nell

*** Fuzzy

*** Fuzzy Report 30 Jul 2006 08:58

Hi there, I found this marriage on the IGI having noted that one of your Wilbrahams was born in Lancashire, could this be Josephs parents marriage? WILLIAM WILBRAHAM Male Family -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages: Spouse: ANN PONKET Family Marriage: 29 JUL 1799 Walton On The Hill, Lancashire, England Fuzzy

Elaine

Elaine Report 30 Jul 2006 09:41

Could this be your Joseph (from BIVRI) WILBRAHAM, Joseph Christening Gender: Male Birth Date: 19 Sep 1809 Christening Date: 15 Oct 1809 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: William Wilbraham Mother: Anne Source: FHL Film 1736164 Dates: 1791 – 1824 And possible siblings WILBRAHAM, Catherine Christening Gender: Female Birth Date: 15 Jun 1800 Christening Date: 13 Jul 1800 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: William Wilbraham Mother: Ann Source: FHL Film 1736164 Dates: 1791 - 1824 WILBRAHAM, Ellen Christening Gender: Female Birth Date: 10 Aug 1802 Christening Date: 19 Sep 1802 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: William Wilbraham Mother: Ann Source: FHL Film 1736164 Dates: 1791 – 1824 WARBURTON, Mary Christening Gender: Female Birth Date: 16 Aug 1803 Christening Date: 4 Sep 1803 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: William Warburton Mother: Ann Source: FHL Film 1736164 Dates: 1791 – 1824 WILBRAHAM, William Christening Gender: Male Birth Date: 7 Dec 1804 Christening Date: 6 Jan 1805 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: William Wilbraham Mother: Ann Source: FHL Film 1736164 Dates: 1791 - 1824 WILBRAHAM, Anne Christening Gender: Female Birth Date: 13 Mar 1812 Christening Date: 12 Apr 1812 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: William Wilbraham Mother: Anne Source: FHL Film 1736164 Dates: 1791 – 1824

Elaine

Elaine Report 30 Jul 2006 09:45

This looks like some of Joseph and Mary´s children WILBRAHAM, William Christening Gender: Male Christening Date: 17 Dec 1843 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: Joseph WILBRAHAM Mother: Mary Source: FHL Film 1736165 Dates: 1829 – 1878 WILBRAHAM, Thomas Christening Gender: Male Christening Date: 12 Apr 1846 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: Joseph WILBRAHAM Mother: Mary Source: FHL Film 1736165 Dates: 1829 – 1878 WILBRAHAM, Peter Christening Gender: Male Christening Date: 7 May 1848 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: Joseph WILBRAHAM Mother: Mary Source: FHL Film 1736165 Dates: 1829 – 1878 WILBRAHAM, Mary Christening Gender: Female Christening Date: 1 Dec 1850 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: Joseph WILBRAHAM Mother: Mary Source: FHL Film 1736165 Dates: 1829 – 1878 WILBRAHAM, Sarah Christening Gender: Female Christening Date: 7 Nov 1852 Recorded in: Weaverham, Cheshire, England Father: Joseph WILBRAHAM Mother: Mary Source: FHL Film 1736165 Dates: 1829 – 1878

Barry/Pam

Barry/Pam Report 30 Jul 2006 18:10

hi ozbird, helen,rose,fuzzy feeling,elaine.... THANKYOU all for your time... ,ozbird it must have taken ages to trawl through all that thankyou,you seem to have given me a new 1841 census read that i didnt have ,more work lol,thanks,also the marriage of joseph to mary marsh was his first ,mary died 1852 and joseph rewed in 1856 to sarah godsell with whom he had 6 more kids one of which was my grt grt grandad,thanks helen...,just what i wanted to know thanks, fuzzy...this is 1 of 2 i have found and am considering thanks elaine.... re the mary warburton you have put are you thinking this is a mistranscribed i have missed?i dont have a mary til 50 ish years later...but thankyou tho once again thanks to you all and i hope you know how great you all are.... yours Barry xx

Elaine

Elaine Report 30 Jul 2006 21:12

Sorry - ignore the Mary Warbuton entry - when I did the BIVRI search is picks up 'soundex' names and Warburton was amongst the results lists - thought I had removed everything that wasn´t Wilbraham - but obviously missed that one!!