Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stuck with parish records for North Bierley area

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martin

Martin Report 7 Oct 2006 01:01

Hi all, I'm kind of stuck with trying to trace Jonathan Barraclough b c1819 in North Bierley (poss Low Moor) who married a Sarah Hill from Horton (b c1825) - beyond bmd entries etc to give me a clue where to start- if anyone is accessing parish records it'd be an amazing help to see where these two came from or point me in the right direction. Regards and TIA Martin

blueberry

blueberry Report 7 Oct 2006 08:09

Marriage, 1845 Jul-Aug-Sep Bradford Yorkshire East West Riding Vol 23. Jonathan Barraclough Age 60 yrs, Dob 1821 Horton, Civ Par Horton in Bradford, County Yorkshire, Address 1Haycliffe Hill, Occupation Farm Labourer (AG), ED 23 Others, Sarah Hill 54 Yrs. Barbara.

Martin

Martin Report 19 Oct 2006 21:52

any help with where to look for this is appreciated. Regards, Martin

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 19 Oct 2006 22:31

JONATHAN BARRACLOUGH Male Family -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: 1819 Christening: Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages: Spouse: MRS. SARAH BARRACLOUGH Family Marriage: About 1845 North Bierley, Yorkshire, England

Martin

Martin Report 27 Nov 2006 22:22

Thanks - I guess the freebmd entry is now complete for 1845 - I didn't see it before - either that or I'm going ga-ga. Now just to order the certificate and see what pops up from the marriage cert! Regards and thanks Martin

Martin

Martin Report 27 Jul 2007 00:19

Unfortunately, the GRO have given me a refund, as the spouse isn't the same one, so I'm back to being really stuck - if anyone is sniffing around the Wibsey/North Bierley area and come across either Jonathan Barraclough 1819 (+-1) b North Bierley, or a record of marriage to Sarah (b1825 +-1) b Horton? (it actually said Morton, Yks on the 1861 census but I guess that's an error) in 1845, it'd save me a trip up north! I've not come across anyone else with our barracloughs in their tree either, which is kind of a bind! TIA Martin