Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please Help To Find...................

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 29 Aug 2006 15:44

I'm sorry I've not got much for people to go on but I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to find details about a JEREMIAH White (anything will do) all I know is his occupation was a 'Dyer' he had a daughter called Mary b1842c in Clayton/Manchester/Lancashire (thats what was on a census returns) she married a William Furbey but on their marriage cert it was 'Forby' they married in Chadderton Oldham in 1859. Any help would be greatly appreciated..Janet

Laura

Laura Report 29 Aug 2006 15:45

Where/when was he born?

Janet

Janet Report 29 Aug 2006 15:48

Hi, I do not know where he was born but his daughter was born in Manchester area, as for his year of birth I'm going on the assumption he was around 20 when his daughter Mary was born in 1842, thats if she was the eldest child....so as a guess 1820's. janet

Laura

Laura Report 29 Aug 2006 15:50

What do you already have on Mary? Any census, was he deceased when she married?

Christine

Christine Report 29 Aug 2006 15:54

1861 has this - occupation of Jeremiah = dyer (my mistake, originally posted as 1871 - must put on my glasses!) Name: Jeremiah White Age: 52 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1809 Relation: Head Spouses's Name: Sarah Where born: Celsworth, Dukinfield Civil parish: Dukinfield Ecclesiastical parish: St John Town: Dukinfield County/Island: Lancashire Registration district: Ashton Under Lyne Sub-registration district: Dukinfield Household Members: John Denby 1 Mary Denby 20 - looks like Denby, but Furby???, born Salford William Denby 22 Maria Lever 22 >>Jeremiah White 52 Sarah White 51 Sarah White 16

Janet

Janet Report 29 Aug 2006 15:55

Hi Laura, He was still alive when Mary married in March1859 all info I have of her are from her childrens birth certs and she can be found in the 1871 census with her husband william FURBY and again in the 1881 census with her hubby william FURBEY. thnx janet

Janet

Janet Report 29 Aug 2006 15:59

Hi Laura, this could be them as Mary had an older daughter called sarah, she may have named her after her mother!!! thks so much.janet

Elaine

Elaine Report 29 Aug 2006 16:02

Christine - I think that is the 1861 you have found - not 1871

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 29 Aug 2006 16:05

this is Mary in 1871 I think 1871 England Census Record about Mary Furby Name: Mary Furby Age: 29 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1842 Relation: Wife Spouses's Name: William Gender: Female Where born: Clayton; Manchester Civil Parish: Manchester County/Island: Lancashire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Manchester Sub-registration district: St George ED, institution, or vessel: 14 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 370 Household Members: Name Age Mary Furby 29 Mary C Furby 7 months Sarah J Furby 5 William Furby 31 William Furby 3 Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 4049; Folio: 80; Page: 65; GSU roll: 846338. Jim

Christine

Christine Report 29 Aug 2006 16:07

Oops - my mistake. 1861 posted. Going back to change date. Thanks Elaine.

Christine

Christine Report 29 Aug 2006 16:22

A possible for 1841? Jeremiah's occupation: print dyer Ann Whyatt abt 1831 Lancashire, England Manchester Lancashire >>Jeremiah Whyatt abt 1811 Lancashire, England Manchester Lancashire Jeremiah Whyatt abt 1831 Lancashire, England Manchester Lancashire John Whyatt abt 1827 Lancashire, England Manchester Lancashire >> Sarah Whyatt abt 1811 Lancashire, England Manchester Lancashire Thomas Whyatt abt 1829 Lancashire, England Manchester Lancashire Uria Whyatt abt 1840 Lancashire, England Manchester Lancashire not that I can find any of them on 1851!