Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SCOTLAND CENSUS LOOK UP PLEASE, 41,51,61 OR BMD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jojo13

jojo13 Report 16 May 2006 14:44

HI, I HAVE A WILLIAM CARR BORN 1841 TO A WILLIAM CARR/KERR AND ROSE ANN FERRIE. I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE WAS BORN AS I CAN'T FIND HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE, BUT I KNOW THAT HE WAS MARRIED IN GLASGOW, SCOTLAND AT THE AGE OF 25 TO AN ANN TRAYNOR. I HAVE NOTHING ON HIS PARENTS ONLY THEIR NAMES ON HIS MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THE PARENTS WERE BORN, WHERE AND WHEN THEY WERE MARRIED AND IF THEY HAD ANY OTHER CHILDREN. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP AT ALL. THANK YOU, REGARDS JOANNE

Cath.

Cath. Report 16 May 2006 14:58

Joanne, You should be able to find the information you need from Scotlandspeople. It's pay per view but has censuses from 1841 to 1901 plus BMDs etc. Cath.

jojo13

jojo13 Report 17 May 2006 02:53

HELP ME SOMEONE PLEEEEEEEEEAASE!!!

**Liz in Scotland**

**Liz in Scotland** Report 17 May 2006 06:10

Looks like William was born in Ireland 1881 census Dwelling: 3 Scotstoun Place Census Place: Renfrew, Renfrew, Scotland Source: FHL Film 0203587 GRO Ref Volume 575 EnumDist 9 Page 28 Marr Age Sex Birthplace William CARR M 39 M Ireland Rel: Head Occ: Ship Caulker Ann CARR M 33 F Ireland Rel: Wife James CARR U 16 M Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Rivet Heater William CARR 14 M Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Rivet Heater Katherine CARR 10 F Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar Hugh CARR 8 M Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Occ: Scholar Bridgit CARR 6 F Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Daur Thomas CARR 4 M Govan, Lanark, Scotland Rel: Son Rachel CARR 2 F Govan, Lanark, Scotland Also had other children born pre 1881, but not on census Father: William Carr, Mother: Ann Trainer International Genealogical Index / British Isles - 4 1. ROSEANN KERR - International Genealogical Index Birth: 20 NOV 1870 Govan, Lanark, Scotland 2. JAMES KERR - International Genealogical Index Birth: 28 JUN 1865 Govan, Lanark, Scotland 3. WILLIAM CARR - International Genealogical Index Birth: 20 JUL 1867 Govan, Lanark, Scotland 4. HUGH CARR - International Genealogical Index Birth: 28 OCT 1872 Govan, Lanark, Scotland Liz

**Liz in Scotland**

**Liz in Scotland** Report 17 May 2006 07:05

Hi Joanne, Going by the names of William and Ann's children, I wonder if this could possibly be Ann in 1861 census index. Census taken Partick (part of Govan) 646/2 enum dist 3 Thomas Trainer age 38 born Ireland Bridget age 39 born Ireland Catherine age 19 born Ireland Patrick age 17 born Ireland Ann age 15 born Ireland Mary Jane age 13 born Ireland Thomas age 10 born Partick Peter age 7 born Partick Catherine Trainer age 60 born Glasgow Liz

jojo13

jojo13 Report 17 May 2006 09:35

Liz in Scotland, you are an absolute gem! I can't believe you found this lot. I thought Ann's parents were going to be Irish but now William's are too, brilliant! So do you have any idea why their other children wouldn't be on their census? They have a daughter Mary who isn't on there but I know she exhisted because she signed her fathers death certificate as Mary McGrail, daughter, so that's obviously her married name. I have Ann Trainors parents names, they are Thomas Trainor ans Isabella Duffy, they are on Ann's marriage cert so I don't think that the Trainors you found are mine. Again I can't find this lot either. I have no idea how to deal with Irish Genealogy, I've tried a couple of times but just can't figure it out... Again I thank you so much, I know who to see for my Scottish lines now, you're brilliant! Regards, Joanne Mc in Oz

**Liz in Scotland**

**Liz in Scotland** Report 17 May 2006 16:38

Hi Joanne, The children not listed on 1881 census possibly died. Maybe Mary was born after 1881 census was taken, one reason she's not listed with the others. I'll have another look at 1861 index, just in case I missed anything. I wonder if Thomas Trainer (father) re-married, just a theory. I found a Thomas age 63 (1881 census) born Ireland with a wife Rachel age 37. IGI has a marriage for this couple in 1875. William and Ann have a daughter called Rachel There's a death for a Trainer/Duffy in Glasgow 1868, but it's not coming up with Isabella, It's coming up Bridget, age 49 (could this be the same person in 1861 census?) Any thoughts on that? Liz There's nothing in census for William's parents.