Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

mrs barbara horner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 12 Mar 2006 15:48

i am trying to find conection for my granfarther he was capped for wales in football ,not sure about dates we think from1885,his name was JOHN HENRY GROVES he died 29/10/1944,He lived with my granmother mary ann groves ,they lived at no 699 newport road rumney cardiff,i would like to know when he got capped for wales, As far as i am know he had 1 daughter freda died may 23 1939 , Also sons jack groves billey groves albert groves auther groves can anyone help me many thanks barbara horner

Heather

Heather Report 12 Mar 2006 15:51

Have you tried a google search? I should think the Welsh Football Association would be the people to contact. Or the newspaper archives.