General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Berry family from 1881 census!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 31 Dec 2005 10:47

In the 1881 census it shows a Berry family living at 11 Bateson row,Headingley cum Burley,Leeds The family consisted of Elijah Samuel Berry born Holbeck c.1839 Head Sarah Jane Berry(nee Robinson) born Holbeck c.1843 wife Alfred Safford Berry born Holbeck 1876 son Edith Berry born Holbeck 1875 daughter George Berry born Holbeck c.1870 son Mary Elizabeth Berry born Holbeck 1867 daughter Sarah Jane Berry born Holbeck 1865 daughter Walter Berry born Holbeck 1870 son. Any info on this family would be appreciated as I am trying to trace info on my greatgrandfather George Berry Poss married an Edith had children George,Clifford,Lilian,Hilda,Violet and adopted a Lily. It is possible that part of the family moved after 1901 census to the Sheffield area and killed during WW2 bombings.My father recalls this but can't remember full details. George is my fathers,grandfather and greatgrandfathers name. Many thanks Steven

tinkers

tinkers Report 31 Dec 2005 10:49

hello sorry i cant help maybe u should put this message in the trying to find board happy new year

The Bag

The Bag Report 31 Dec 2005 10:59

cant see them at all in 1891 found them in 1871 though(but no George) View Record Elijah Berry abt 1839 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Head Holbeck Yorkshire View Record Mary E Berry abt 1868 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Daughter Holbeck Yorkshire View Record Sarah I Berry abt 1866 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Daughter Holbeck Yorkshire View Record Sarah S Berry abt 1843 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Wife Holbeck Yorkshire View Record Walter Berry abt 1870 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Son Holbeck Yorkshire View Record William Berry abt 1864 Holbeck, Yorkshire, England Son Holbeck Yorkshire View Record Elizabeth Robinson abt 1819 Hunslet, Yorkshire, England Mother-in-law Holbeck Yorkshire View Record William Robinson abt 1851 Hunslet, Yorkshire, England Brother-in-law Holbeck Yorkshire

The Bag

The Bag Report 31 Dec 2005 11:08

could be 1891 somewhat mistranscribed View Record Berry, Alfred S abt 1877 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Son Headingley with Burley Yorkshire View Record Berry, Elizah S abt 1839 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Head Headingley with Burley Yorkshire View Record Berry, George abt 1872 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Son Headingley with Burley Yorkshire View Record Berry, Sarah abt 1844 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Wife Headingley with Burley Yorkshire

The Bag

The Bag Report 31 Dec 2005 11:11

bit of a long shot for 1901 probably not right View Record Elizth Berry abt 1874 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Wife Armley Yorkshire View Record Francis Evelyn Berry abt 1894 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Daughter Armley Yorkshire View Record George Berry abt 1873 Leeds, Yorkshire, England Head Armley Yorkshire