Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for g/g/granmothers family - found thanks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 25 Feb 2006 17:05

See below

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 25 Feb 2006 17:05

Finally after sednign for the birth cert of my G/grandmother have found her and her siblings and parents Have also from this been able to find my g/g/grandfathers family back to the early 1800's. But I can't find his wifes family Have found their marriage Samuel Welton to Ann Padley 1876 in easy retford Notts Also know from census details after they were married that Ann padley was born in Askham Notts, but can't find anything prior to her marrying into the Welton family Have searched ancestry, IGI, can't think of anything else except for sending for the marriage cert Any help/advice appreciated Joanne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Feb 2006 19:51

Purely for clarity.............1881 Ann Welton abt 1855 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Wife Headon Cum Upton, Nottinghamshire, England View Record Fergus William Welton abt 1878 Headon, Nottinghamshire, England Son Headon Cum Upton, Nottinghamshire, England View Record Florence Annie Welton abt 1880 Headon, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Headon Cum Upton, Nottinghamshire, England View Record Samuel (Junr.) Welton abt 1841 Headon, Nottinghamshire, England Head Headon Cum Upton, Nottinghamshire, England I note that on the marriage reg'n her name is Anne......... Reg

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 25 Feb 2006 20:08

1871: David Padley abt 1830 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Head Askham Nottinghamshire John Padley abt 1857 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Askham Nottinghamshire Mary Padley abt 1834 Moorhouse, Nottinghamshire, England Wife Askham Nottinghamshire William Padley abt 1861 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Son Askham Nottinghamshire John is actually Ann on image!!! Suzanne

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 25 Feb 2006 20:16

1861: David Padley abt 1830 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Son Askham Nottinghamshire John Padley abt 1790 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Head Askham Nottinghamshire Mary Padley abt 1831 Moorhouse, Nottinghamshire, England Wife Askham Nottinghamshire Wonder were the children are? Suzanne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Feb 2006 20:18

Suzanne.............or should I say Sherlock? Well done........... Reg

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 26 Feb 2006 09:17

Suzanne Many thanks for your help, I've now been able to get the Padley family back to 1790 - my g/g/g/g/grandfather and mother Thanks again for your help Joanne

Elaine

Elaine Report 26 Feb 2006 09:24

Do you have the Padley family on 1841 ?? John Padley 50 farmer Sarah 45 Ann 20 Joseph 15 David 10 George 7 Hannah 4 Frederick 2 Census 1841 TNA Ref HO107-0849 Image No 467 Folio No 27\5 Page No 4 Entry No 23

Elaine

Elaine Report 26 Feb 2006 09:25

and the Padleys in 1851 John Bush abt 1828 Littale Ale, Lincolnshire, England Lodger Askham Nottinghamshire William Fannan abt 1818 Scotton, Lincolnshire, England Lodger Askham Nottinghamshire David Padley abt 1830 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Son Askham Nottinghamshire Fredrick Padley abt 1838 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Son Askham Nottinghamshire Hannah Padley abt 1836 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Daughter Askham Nottinghamshire John Padley abt 1791 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Head Askham Nottinghamshire Sarah Padley abt 1794 Askham, Nottinghamshire, England Wife Askham Nottinghamshire

Jessie aka Maddies mate

Jessie aka Maddies mate Report 26 Feb 2006 09:26

Yes found them about 10mins ago - I now have a full family to put on my tree and no doubt lots of spouses and children to find, should keep me busy for the day, and all from sending for a birth cert for my g/grandma, well worth £7.00