Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone have access to records for Northlew/Sourton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deb - The Leg Bones Connected To The..

Deb - The Leg Bones Connected To The.. Report 3 Feb 2006 09:05

Im trying to get information on the births of : William Kneebone (b. Abt 1741 Devon). Sarah Coombe (b. Abt 1744 Sourton, Devon). William Kneebone (b. Abt 1764 Sourton, Devon). Philip Kneebone (b. Abt 1766 Sourton, Devon). Joanna Kneebone (b. Abt 1771 Sourton, Devon). George Kneebone (b. Abt 1775 Holsworhy, Devon). Mary Kneebone (b. Abt. 1778 Northlew, Devon). John Kneebone (b. Abt 1780 Northlew, Devon). Abraham Kneebone (b. Abt 1782 Northlew, Devon). Sarah Kneebone (b. Abt 1786 Northlew, Devon). I believe the first two names (William and Sarah Coombe) married around June of 1764 aswell? Anybody have any access to any records that might prove/disprove these? Thanks, Deborah

June

June Report 3 Feb 2006 11:00

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0 British Isles Search Results | Download | Pedigree -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGE KNEEBONE Male -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: Christening: 06 OCT 1775 Holsworthy, Devon, England Death: Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: WILLIAM KNEEBONE Mother: SARAH June x

Horatia

Horatia Report 3 Feb 2006 15:41

If no one on here can help you I suggest you contact your local LDS (Latter Day Saints) Family History Research centre. They should be able to get the films or microfiche for you. Other than that, take a holiday in Devon (beautiful county) and visit the Record Office on rainy days - at least you will have something to do! Cheers, Horatia

Deb - The Leg Bones Connected To The..

Deb - The Leg Bones Connected To The.. Report 3 Feb 2006 16:04

Visiting Devon is abit of limits at the moment. I work full time and am pregnant so cant really ask for anymore time off than I already have for all my appointments. Moneys tight aswell, so spending it on a trip will have to wait. I would apply for someone to check them in the records office down there, but at £25 an hour. With there being so many, the cost could add up. Thanks anyway,