General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dyspraxia message sent to me in email

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 2 Aug 2005 15:48

DYSPRAXIA – ITS NOT JUST KID’S STUFF Date: Wednesday 19 October 2005 Venue: London Cost: £15.00 One-day conference looking at the affects of dyspraxia and possible intervention on developmental Dyspraxia in adulthood and the adolescent. Aimed at Medical Practitioners, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, Physiotherapists, GPs and Social Workers etc. Speakers: · Janet Taylor an adult with Dyspraxia – ‘A personal perspective of Dyspraxia’. · Dr Amanda Kirby, Medical Director of the Dyscovery Centre – ‘Assessing adults with DCD/Dyspraxia and other associated Neuro-diverse conditions’. · Sharon Drew, Independent Occupational Therapist – ‘Occupational Therapy in Adulthood’. · Liz Atter, Senior Physiotherapist Lecturer, UWIC – ‘Physiotherapy in adulthood’. · Frances Beaumont, Independent Occupational Therapist – ‘Dyspraxia in the work place’. · Dr Alyson Richards, Psychologist Dyscovery Centre – ‘Psychological Assessment’.

Deanna

Deanna Report 2 Aug 2005 16:08

Why? What does it all mean? Deanna

Val

Val Report 2 Aug 2005 16:58

It is a conference that they are charging £15 for people with children or young adults to go, that is the gist of it. I think they are trying to get people explaining about the problems so they can find ways to help

Deanna

Deanna Report 2 Aug 2005 17:01

Oh I see, so do you have a contact with them then? Deanna

Val

Val Report 2 Aug 2005 17:03

I have got email address for you trainingdyscovery* btinternet.com the * is the a

Magi

Magi Report 2 Aug 2005 17:05

Hi Val, you going then? Wish I could but I'm too far away. There's one in Istanbul on September 3rd seriously thinking of attending. How's David? Magi

Val

Val Report 2 Aug 2005 17:08

He seems to be ok but I still have this gut feeling something is not right thanks for asking Magi I don't know about going though it could be worth it to get ideas dyscovery*btinternet.com has its own site about things like that

Magi

Magi Report 2 Aug 2005 17:12

You know him better than anyone else Val, go with your gut instinct. Give him a hug for me. I want to go to the September one, (this is her who is NEVER going back to teaching...lol...) as I want to do another course in special needs this winter. M xXx

Val

Val Report 2 Aug 2005 17:24

Go for it Magi it is what you are good at, David went out with his friends yesterday and bought me an Elvis t shirt it was nice of him