Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

AWOL Father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 20 Jul 2005 22:32

Hi, Can anyone help!! I'm trying to find out who my grt grandfather's father was. My grt grandfathers details are: Walter MONEY born 1868 in Spalding, Licolnshire. He is on the 1871 census living with his grandfather William MONEY born c1805. Living in the same house are William MONEY's sons Charles and William, also a granddaughter Lucy WARD. I'm presuming that neither of these son's are Walter MONEY's father as later census' show them with wives and children of their own and I haven't been able to find Walter on the 1881 or 1891 census. I know that one easy answer would be send for Walter's birth cert but I've spent so much on them recently I can't really justify another one until I'v exhausted every other way!! Can anyone help at all??!! Amy

The Bag

The Bag Report 20 Jul 2005 22:38

can i pare this down to fact for ease please? trying to find out who my grt grandfather's father was My grt grandfathers details are: Walter MONEY born 1868 in Spalding, Licolnshire. He is on the 1871 census living with his grandfather William MONEY born c1805. Living in the same house are William MONEY's sons Charles and William, also a granddaughter Lucy WARD. I'm presuming that neither of these son's are Walter MONEY's father as later census' show them with wives and children of their own I haven't been able to find Walter on the 1881 or 1891 census. I know that one easy answer would be send for Walter's birth cert but I've spent so much on them recently I can't really justify another one until I'v exhausted every other way!! Can anyone help at all??!! Amy

The Bag

The Bag Report 20 Jul 2005 22:44

ok, this is the 1871 for reference Charles Money abt 1849 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Son Burton Coggles Lincolnshire Walter Money abt 1869 Spalding, Lincolnshire, England Grandson Burton Coggles Lincolnshire William Money abt 1805 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Head Burton Coggles Lincolnshire William Money abt 1852 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Son Burton Coggles Lincolnshire Lucy Ward abt 1853 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Granddaughter Burton Coggles Lincolnshire * Why cant walter be William 1852 Son? otherwise are their any Money's in Spalding in 1871?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jul 2005 22:48

There is a Francis Money with a wife and child about two doors away in 1871......any relation? On 1881, William is a visitor in a house where an Elizabeth Money is Housekeeper - is she his daughter? Rosemary

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 20 Jul 2005 22:48

There is a One Name Study of the MONEY surname. Contact details are on the Guild of One Name Studies site. Perhaps the researcher will be able to help you. Read the notes on that site to help with your question to them.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jul 2005 22:50

This is 1861.............note there's another son William Havey abt 1852 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Son Burton Coggles Lincolnshire Alfred Honey abt 1843 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Son Burton Coggles Lincolnshire Charles Honey abt 1848 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Son Burton Coggles Lincolnshire Elizabeth Honey abt 1808 Barrington, Northamptonshire, England Wife Burton Coggles Lincolnshire Elizabeth Honey abt 1837 Corby, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Burton Coggles Lincolnshire William Honey abt 1806 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Head Burton Coggles Lincolnshire Rosemary

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jul 2005 22:58

here's Elizabeth in 1871 - plus Lucy's father........... Elizabeth Money abt 1838 Corby, Lincolnshire, England Sister-in-law Wyville with Hungerton Lincolnshire Emily Money abt 1867 Spalding, Lincolnshire, England Niece Wyville with Hungerton Lincolnshire George W Ward abt 1828 Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, England Head Wyville with Hungerton Lincolnshire It looks as though Elizabeth moved to Spalding at some stage, as that is where her daughter Emily was born...........I reckon it's odds on her being Walter's mother as well Rosemary

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Jul 2005 23:09

Lucy Ward with her family in 1861- there must have been another Money daughter (Sarah) Elizabeth Ward abt 1857 Wyville, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Hungerton cum Wyville Lincolnshire George William Ward abt 1828 Great Ponton, Lincolnshire, England Head Hungerton cum Wyville Lincolnshire George Wm Ward abt 1855 Wyville, Lincolnshire, England Son Hungerton cum Wyville Lincolnshire Lucy Ward abt 1853 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Hungerton cum Wyville Lincolnshire Mary Ann Ward abt 1859 Wyville, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Hungerton cum Wyville Lincolnshire Sarah Ward abt 1831 Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire, England Wife Hungerton cum Wyville Lincolnshire Rosemary

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2005 10:24

Amy........do you check your threads????????

Amy

Amy Report 21 Jul 2005 11:13

Thank you all for looking! Will have a good look when I get home from work! Thank you all so much! And yes, I do check my threads but as I work in a hospital and have to work nights it's very difficult to check on them while I'm at work.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jul 2005 12:19

Point taken, Amy....now we know your situation, we will allow for that. Good luck Rosemary