Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 census Scottish lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shona

Shona Report 28 Oct 2004 10:59

Hi, I am looking for a family by the name of Hutton. David Hutton age 44 b Dunfermline Mary wife age 43 born Dunfermline Margaret daur age 18 born Edinburgh Robert son age 16 born Edinburgh David son age 12 born lanark Helen age 9 and Mary age6 I have also lost a couple of bodies from another family - Thomas Glencorse born 1861 Bathgate, West Lothian, William Glencorse born 1859 Shotts, Lanark and John Glencorse born 1852 Shotts, Lanark. I would be gratefull for any help in finding these people. Regards Shona

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Oct 2004 11:58

Hi shona Have found you David Hotton on the 1881 census. Living in America at time of census. If you go the the familysearch site for the 1881 census put in his name date of birth 1837 and scroll down to find Scotland. some one has inputted alot of info especially in the Ancestral file there is details fo parnets and much more., It is obvious from here I would guess that he parted from his first wife. Household: Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace David HUTTON Self M Male W 42 SCOT Farmer SCOT SCOT Mary E. HUTTON Wife M Female W 32 CAN Keep House ENG ENG Maggie HUTTON Dau S Female W 5 MN At Home SCOT CAN Thomas HUTTON Son S Male W 3 MN At Home SCOT CAN Peter J. HUTTON Son S Male W 2 MN At Home SCOT CAN Hannah HUTTON Dau S Female W 6M MN At Home SCOT CAN Isabell IVERSON Other S Female W 22 NORW Laborer NORW NORW -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Census Place Preston, Fillmore, Minnesota Family History Library Film 1254619 NA Film Number T9-0619 Page Number 308B Wendy

Shona

Shona Report 28 Oct 2004 12:31

Hi Wendy, Thanks for looking but I don't think this is the family. If it is, all his children seem to have disappeared. Regards Shona

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Oct 2004 12:35

Hi Shona, And here is I believe some details about David Marshall Hutton who would be about 12 had he been visible in the 1881 census Husband David MARSHALL HUTTON Pedigree Birth: 04 NOV 1868 Lanark, Lanark, Scotland Christening: Marriage: 31 DEC 1891 Uphall, , Lanark, Scotland Death: 14 APR 1939 Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wife Jessica ANNAN BARRET Pedigree Birth: 10 APR 1873 Lane Ends, Hunwick, Durham, England Christening: Marriage: 31 DEC 1891 Uphall, , Lanark, Scotland Death: 16 MAY 1938 Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia Burial: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Children -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Annie Thane HUTTON Pedigree Female Birth: 26 AUG 1893 Pumpherston, Midlothian, Scotland Christening: Death: 27 NOV 1967 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Burial: 30 NOV 1967 Cessnock, New South Wales, Australia I double checked as much as possible so as to not mislead you and it seams that he obviously is the child of david Hutton and Mary thane otherwise why do ou think he came across an unusal middle name for his child? I will still look for the other members Wendy P.S cant find anything on the three Glencorse chaps other than parents names were Isaac Glencorse and Agnes Beveridge.

Shona

Shona Report 28 Oct 2004 12:54

Hi again Wendy, The David Hutton b 1836 in the Ancestral file is the one and the David Marshall Hutton you mention is his son. He had seven other children that I know of. William b 1858 Dunfermline James b 1860 Dunfermline Margaret b 1862 Edinburgh Robert b 1864 Edinburgh Jane b 1866 West Calder David above Helen born 1872 West Calder Mary born 1864 West Calder Regards Shona

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Oct 2004 13:15

Yes Shona I have now found them with a little help from a friend who had some spare credits for the scotalnd census search pages. If you send me a PM i can send you the image which confirms all that you have given in your message. Cheers Wendy