General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RAY GRAVELL - RUGBY LEGEND

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2007 14:06

I am still weeping after watching TV coverage of the funeral of Ray Gravell at Stradey Park. What an occasion - how moving, how poignant. To weep for a man you have never met might sound strange, but if you knew of Ray Gravel you would understand. He was everything that was Welsh and much more. The stadium was packed, the singing was glorious and the eulogies most moving. My heart goes out to his wife and tgwo daughters - RIP Ray
Ann [Cardiff]

TB

TB Report 15 Nov 2007 14:31

Hi Ann,

We have also just watched the funeral on TV. My son went to the funeral proudly wearing his Welsh jersey. What a great send off for such a lovely man.

Trixie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2007 14:36

Hi Trix -wasn't it wonderful - wish I could have been there but would have showed myself up someting rotten. Your son was very lucky - he can always say "I was there"

TB

TB Report 15 Nov 2007 14:53

Hi Ann

I bet the college that my son goes to (just up the road from the Scarlets ground) was empty today, Ray was loved by everyone and all the students were most likely at the funeral. I knew Ray about 23 years ago, he was my mentor when I was on a youth training scheme. He was so nice and great to work with.

Trixie

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Nov 2007 15:32

Hi again Trixie - take a look on "Chat" and see what Crougar has put on about Grav - it's fantastic

TB

TB Report 15 Nov 2007 15:42

Have just looked, what a great write up

Trixie

TB

TB Report 15 Nov 2007 16:40

Son has just come home, said that it was amazing being at the funeral. So many people there but the grounds so quite not noisy like when a game is on. He brought me home an order of service book, I'm so glad he didn't leave it behind.

Trixie