Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Martin Legat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martin

Martin Report 31 Oct 2004 18:40

Martin Legat (22/10/2004 18:56:57) | Update Message | Delete Message LEGAT Hi, My name is Martin Legat and I have traced my family history back to 1766 and would like to go back further, here is what I have found so far: My father was Bernard, his father Wilfred, his father william henry his father William, his father Peter Thomas and his father Peter. Peter married Sarah Robinson in 1766 in Heslington near York. I have loads of info about the aboves offspring and other relatives and what they did and where they lived etc I would be delighted to share this information. I would also like to go back further than Peter Legat who seems to have just turned up in Stonegrave yorkshire as there is no trace of other legats in this area. I also have a family tree for the Scottish Legats but they are not related to the Yorkshire and later Lancashire Legats. Any help welcome. Martin