Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genes Book Club Launch - Title Announcement

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GenesBookClub

GenesBookClub Advisor Report 11 Sep 2013 16:41

We are very excited to launch the Genes Book Club in partnership with Penguin.

The first book available for review is 'This Child of Mine' by Sinead Moriarty.
This is the gripping and deeply moving story of Anna, Laura, Sophie and Mandy - two mothers, two daughters and a story about the bond of motherly love.

If you would like to be sent a free copy of this book to review please email the GenesBookClub account directly by hovering over the profile picture and clicking the 'Send Message' button. The first 50 people to email us with their name and an address where they would like the book to be sent will receive this book. You must have emailed us before 18th September in order to be included.

Terms of Use for the book club can be found here http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/contents/LegalTermsBookClub

If you would like to get a taste for the book, you can view the first 50 pages in pdf format here http://cdn.genesreunited.co.uk/_Resources/uploads/ThisChildOfMine_EXTRACT.pdf

We hope that you will all enjoy this new book club. We are very excited to be working with Penguin and to be able to offer our members these free books. Penguin will also be supplying discussion points which we will post later this month, so we hope to get some great debates and discussions going.

Susan10146857

Susan10146857 Report 11 Sep 2013 17:18

Done...Thank you :-D

GenesBookClub

GenesBookClub Advisor Report 16 Sep 2013 16:36

Hi everyone - Thanks to those who have already emailed to be part of the book club. Everyone who has emailed so far will be getting a book, and there are still spaces left to be included this month. Just email the GenesBookClub account with your address and we'll make sure a book is posted to you.

Persephone

Persephone Report 19 Sep 2013 02:58

I have looked at this book that has been sent out for review and it is definitely not a book that the male reader would read.. Are there no male readers/reviewers in the group GR?

As we are a mixed bunch, surely a book that would be read by both sexes would be the norm. or have I got it incorrect?

Persie

Diane

Diane Report 19 Sep 2013 10:25

Sounds exciting, lots of mixed themes though eh?

GenesBookClub

GenesBookClub Advisor Report 20 Sep 2013 09:59

Thank you to everyone who sent us a message to be included in this month's book club. We only have 50 books to give away and have now had over 50 responses, and this month books are being distributed on a first come first served basis. If you do not receive a book this month, don't worry. We will be announcing a new title on 30th September and you will have the changc to apply again for a free copy.

For those of you who will be receiving the book 'This Child of Mine', they will be posted over the next few days. Once you have read your book please visit this thread to post your thoughts and reviews http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/hobbies_crafts/thread/1331769

Happy reading!

June

June Report 20 Sep 2013 10:25

you're bound to have had over 50 replies, especially as some of us didn't get the Newsletter offering the Book Club till 20 September, and it specifically says we'd got to email before 18th!

GenesBookClub

GenesBookClub Advisor Report 20 Sep 2013 10:27

Hi June,

We actually extended the date as we hadn't had 50 replies before 18th September. Now you know about the book club you will know to visit the boards on 30th of every month to find out what the new book is and apply. We won't always promote it in the newsletter.

Katie

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 21 Sep 2013 18:12

Bit puzzled as to how I'd be considered for a free book as notification not received until sept 20th.

Neil

Neil Report 21 Sep 2013 20:55

Too little, too late, too feminine!

Massive fail :-P

sue

sue Report 23 Sep 2013 11:13

I have only received this info for the first time today by email - am i too late to join the book club. :-|

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 23 Sep 2013 11:30

I only recieved this info today by email as well. Am I too late to join the club?

GenesBookClub

GenesBookClub Advisor Report 23 Sep 2013 12:08

Hi everyone,

We would like to apologise for the delay on some of the newsletter emails that went out after the closing date for book club. We had extended the closing date to Friday 20th September but then had some network issues on Friday that meant our emails stopped sending.
The emails restarted over the weekend and that is why some people have received the email after the closing date. However, we will be announcing a new book title on the 30th of September and then on the 30th of every month, so there will be lots of chances to get a free book.

Thanks

The Book Club Team

2peasinapod

2peasinapod Report 23 Sep 2013 15:13

how do I sign up to join the book club
Peter

GenesBookClub

GenesBookClub Advisor Report 23 Sep 2013 16:57

Hi Peter,

The 50 books for this month have already been allocated, but we will announce a new title on 30th September. If you would like to be sent the new book all you have to do is send us a message (just hover over our profile picture and you'll see a button that says 'send message') and send us your address so that we can post the book to you.

Barbara Joan

Barbara Joan Report 23 Sep 2013 21:03

A bit hard to get it to you by 18th Sept when I didn't get the newsletter until yesterday the 23rd.

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Sep 2013 21:46

I also didn't get the newletter until 23rd September. Will try again next month.

Margaret

Margaret Report 23 Sep 2013 22:50

I also received the news letter yesterday, so how come other people got it early

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 28 Sep 2013 13:49

Oh well.....now nearing the 30th.

Has anyone received the first book yet?

Maureen

Mersey

Mersey Report 29 Sep 2013 15:41

Neil it might be better if you removed your post with your address on and contact GR via email........Its just a worry that people can see you addy on here when such things should be private....... :-)