Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cuttlebug machine broken

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 29 Sep 2013 22:59

Does anyone have a cuttlebug machine,and had it repaired?
I bought some new die-cuts at the Westpoint craft fair on Friday,just the ones I wanted too.
Thought I would try them out,like you do,I needed to have a little more pressure,silly me, added a thicker card,as it wasn't cutting through completely,and the side of the machine blew out.
I googled cuttlebug repair,and it seems as if this problem happens a lot.
I have had good wear from mine,I bought it about 6 years ago.
Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.
I'm lost without my little machine.
boo hoo.
:-( :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 30 Sep 2013 22:19

Not heard of that happening Trish. I must admit I tend to use my Big Shot instead of the cuttlebug as it is a bit easier to use.

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 2 Oct 2013 14:34

Sorry Ann for late reply.
Yes apparently it does happen.
I contacted the company who sold me the die,and I have to return it, was told sometimes we have faulty dies , and they don't check everyone.Well they should in my opinion.
I am really annoyed at this,I have returned the die today,I bet they wont even make a gesture of goodwill.Watch this space.
On a good note,hubby said go and buy something else,
so I am now the proud owner of a brand new Sissix Hot shot.
The die still doesn't cut in this one either.
I will let you know how I get on.

:-( :-D