Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Book 18 allocation

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Apr 2015 10:30

Had anyone been notified that they are going to be sent a copy or been told they were unsuccessful?
My PM of 3 April hasn't even been opened.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 Apr 2015 12:02

Oh dear. Don't say the Book Club is falling apart as well as the rest of GR :-(

I can't help as I didn't apply for this one but I usually get a response within a couple of weeks of applying.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Apr 2015 14:27

Could be :-0

Being generous, Easter, WDYTYA and hiccups with Penguin might have got in the way

Morag

Morag Report 30 Apr 2015 18:13

Glad you asked I've been wondering what's going on. My message hasn't been opened either.

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 May 2015 20:34

Nor has mine. Strange!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 May 2015 08:36

By now there'd be a thread acknowledging that the books had been allocated. That way even unsuccessful applicants would have known they'd missed out.

Nothing.

3 April PM still not read

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 May 2015 11:46

They must have been listening!

Dear Book Club Member,

We are delighted to inform you that you will be receiving a copy of April's book Club book Everland. We apologise for the delay in sending the book to you, you should receive your book within the next 7 days.

Kind regards,

The Genes Team

Persephone

Persephone Report 6 May 2015 09:01

My message was opened straight away some time ago and I got a message this morning my time, saying I should get mine in 7 days as well, but it has a lot further to travel than yours DET.

Just happy that I am getting it. It is the second time I have asked for one of the books, the other one was Toby's Room which I really enjoyed.

Lot of NZealanders go to Antarctica, it is like another world down there.

Persephone

Persephone Report 14 May 2015 01:37

Genes are waiting for my review of the book now, got a message today.

Haven't received the book yet, and I do have other reading to do as well.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 May 2015 14:42

Fear not - neither have I. The despatch or otherwise is probably down to the publishers.