Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Torquay

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

hotchoc

hotchoc Report 7 Jan 2020 20:37

Anyone from around Torquay doing crafts? its always nice to meet new people where you can share crafts making it more interesting.
Would love to here from you and what your doing.
Hottchoc x

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 11 Jan 2020 18:52

Hello Hotchoc

Not many people look on this Hobbies board these days so it's unlikely that anyone from Torquay will just happen to see this thread.

Have you looked at things like local papers, neighbourhood notice boards, church news etc. to see if there are any groups locally? I belong to a Ladies Association and that has a little offshoot Craft Club where 8 or so ladies meet once or twice a month and have a chat and a laugh while following their craft interests. There is also a quilting group locally that meets a couple of times a month in the Community Centre. Perhaps there is something similar where you live. If not, why not put a notice in a local newsagents or similar place, saying you are considering starting a group and would anyone be interested in joining you?

I haven't joined anything similar myself because I am the least "crafty", most fumble-fingered person you could meet, but I can see it's more interesting and enjoyable to share with other like-minded people, so good luck with finding somewhere.