Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lockdown during and post

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Aug 2020 15:12

Did you start a new craft during lockdown? Or pick up the ones you had shelved as not having time to finish? If so do come on and tell us about them. Let's try and rejuvenate this board.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 9 Aug 2020 12:35

You know me Ann - not much good at any arts or crafts, but I enjoy reading about other people’s talents. You are right, this board is fast falling by the wayside which is a shame. I can’t do the crafts but I could post more on the book, garden and wildlife threads so I will make more of an effort, starting today.

You asked if anyone had gone back to a project they had shelved. I’ve done the opposite. I have finally discarded a piece of work I started over 30 years ago. I had done a couple of cross stitch pieces that didn’t turn out too bad so I started another large one and only ever did about a third of it. When we moved 7 years ago it came with us. In 7 years I have taken it out once and added a few stitches so I decided it had to go. I’ve given the lovely frame OH bought me to work on to a local craft group as I know I will never be doing cross stitch again.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Aug 2020 09:35

Vera, you can still enjoy the crafts of others so stick with the thread! I gave up cross stitch as I found it too hard on my eyes. I have three pieces framed (smallish ones) but could never competed with our daughter who was great at it and so was her late husband. I gave my unfinished pieces to a charity shop. I know somebody will have been unable to resist finishing them.

Yes it is a shame that the kindle thread has dwindled. mersey used to keep it going well. I try and get on there occasionally.

Maybe people don't bother about crafts so much these days. I know they are talked of on the chat board threads so maybe in time this board will be finished with. :-( :-( :-(