Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HILDA surname unknown b:1920 - 1925

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Antipodes

Antipodes Report 30 Apr 2011 04:49

Do any GR members have a grandmother or mother or aunt named Hilda who died in her 30's during the period 1950-1956 having been found on the kitchen floor have suffered a brain haemorage.

She left two children behind who would now if their 60's.
You are my cousins, I'd like to be in contact with you after all these years.

Your mother Hilda is said to be buried in Abney Park Cemetery, Stoke Newington, London.

I have two photos, a wedding photo c: 1937-40 and one with you and your mother (boy and girl) the daughter about 3-yrs is wearing a pixie style hat from the 1940's, the little boy is about 5-yrs

Additional details are extremely thin on the ground.

* Hilda was born out of wedlock - b.c.1920+
* Hilda's father was William Coles b: High Wycombe resided in Islington, Haringey & Tottenham
He did not marry Hilda's mother
* Her mothers name in unknown

* Hilda's maiden name is unknown
* Hilda's married name is unknown.
* Her husbands name is unknown
* Her childrens' names are unknown - thought to be a boy & girl
* Her address is also unknown but assumed to be around the
Hackney, Islington or Dalston areas

Hilda had two half-sisters now deceased - Nell Clifton (Tottenham & Haringey) and Rene Fountain in Chesham.

I have placed this message on GR on several occasions in the past obviously with no results but with new members on board I'm hopeful the above details may ring a bell with someone new to GR
I realise it's a needle in a haystack but these are the only details I have about my late aunt Hilda.as all family members are now deceased.
Cheers and thanks in anticipation