Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FOXGLOVE please read your messages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 14 May 2011 01:26

No point in posting more of these if you aren't going to read replies.

I sent Foxglove this information:

-----------------------------------------------------

I don't ordinarily reply to posts on the Living Relatives board because there is no way of knowing who else may have done, and whether one is wasting one's time. Your post would have been much better put on the Find Ancestors board (believe it or not), since there is nothing sensitive about it. On that board, people can reply in the thread and pool info.

Here's my suggestion:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/sub.cfm?source=collections/virtualmem/Detail&casualty=2346209

That's Hugh Fraser MacKenzie's page at the Canadian Virtual War Memorial.

"Do you have photographs or personal memorabilia relating to HUGH FRASER MACKENZIE that you want included in our photo collection?
Then (CLICK HERE TO SEND US YOUR PHOTOS)"

You can add the photo right to the website.

I've had contact with the person who handles those things at Veterans Affairs and he was most eager to have people do that. In "Image Caption" you could certainly put a contact email address (I'd get an anonymous permanent one on line, like at Gmail).

Would you update your post on the board (use the Edit link) to copy some of this info into it, so others know you've had a reply and what it is? You can name me!

The chance of anyone related ever seeing your message at this site is about zero, unfortunately.

Hope that helps,

-----------------------------------------------------

General search page for the Virtual War Memorial at Veterans Affairs Canada:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/sub.cfm?source=collections/virtualmem