Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Living Relatives in Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mary

mary Report 29 Jul 2011 13:52

Could anyone tellme please how I would go about finding any living relatives in Canada. Thanks Mary.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 29 Jul 2011 14:07

This site has addresses and phone numbers in Canada.

http://www.canada411.ca/

mary

mary Report 29 Jul 2011 14:45

Many thanks. Mary.

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 29 Jul 2011 15:14

Mary google has different sites for different countries

for example

www.google.ca
www.google.com.au

and so on ( just like this site :-) )

if you search at one of them then when you get results you can choose 'pages in Canada' ... or Australia etc ... on the left side

if you are searching for Mary Brown this will not be helpful

but if you are searching for someone whose name is less common countries like Canada and Australia and New Zealand have smaller populations and possibly you will find something that could be useful

a person could be listed at their employer's website or on the website of a charity or a community group

sometimes it is possible to find obituaries by doing a search at google

search for names in different forms with quotation marks for example

"mary jane brown"
"brown mary j"

this may not work but it can be surprising ... some time back I was helping someone here in Australia look for an elderly cousin in Canada ... by searching for his name as above I found a newsletter from a care home where the old fellow had had his 90th birthday only a few weeks before !

mary

mary Report 29 Jul 2011 15:43

Many thanks for all the information, this will be a great help. Mary.

Martine

Martine Report 12 Sep 2022 18:19

My name is Martine. I am trying to find my cousin Martin Frederick Sewell and his family out in Canada

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 12 Sep 2022 19:28

Martine has now started her own thread.