Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rosalie Anne Roscoe - Victoria, Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 29 Dec 2011 18:16

I am trying to find my 2nd cousin, Rosalie Anne Roscoe who would most likely be in her 70's now. Her parents were Albert William Roscoe and Kathleen (Kit) Minnie Langley. Her grand mother Kate Langley (nee Avenell) and my grandfather William Thoma Avenell were siblings, both were born in Surrey Enngland before the family migrated to Australia. I also believe that Roalie attended Camberwell High School making the Alumni list in 1958 and may have married a gentleman by the name of Hokin. I would dearly love to make contact with anyone who may know this lady or who is related to her. i would like to know more about my fathers branch of the family and to meet anyone who is related.

Many thanks in anticipation for any assistance that anyone can afford me.

Regards
Vanessa Wright (nee Avenell)

Lynski

Lynski Report 29 Dec 2011 19:49

From the electoral rolls -

Name: Rosalie Anne Roscoe
Electoral Year: 1963
State: Victoria
District: chisholm
Subdistrict: Glen Iris

She is with her parents.

Albert is a garage proprietor and Rosalie is a teacher.

Cannot find anything else???

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 29 Dec 2011 20:30

1980 electoral roll

Name:Roselie Anne Hokin Occ: Teacher
Electoral Year:1980
State:Victoria
District:Casey
Subdistrict:Hurstbridge
114 Forest st. Yar Gin
Living at same address....Peter Hokin Occ: Mechanic

Ammended:
Possibly moved from Victoria up to NSW during 1980

Name:Rosalie Anne Hokin
Electoral Year:1980
State:New South Wales
District:Lyne
Subdistrict:Nelson Bay
31 Government Rd. Nelson Bay
Living at same address....Peter Bourne Hokin
Appears they opened up a small business.
Occupation of both: Laundry Proprietors

Try the White pages directory for New South Wales

http://www.whitepages.com.au/search/residential?subscriberName=&location=
Type in: Surname HOKIN
Type in: Location New South Wales

46 results for HOKIN
Two P.HOKIN
Two R.HOKIN
One R.A.HOKIN

Tony ( Melbourne )

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 30 Dec 2011 02:59

TonyOz,

Thank you ever so much for that, I noticed that I did not put in an approx year of birth for Rosalie (c1940). I will look up the white pages for the phone numbers and give them a call as it is an unusual surname. The only reason I have the surname is I googled her name and it came up on the Camberwell High School Alumni List. I have now also discovered they had a daughter who attended the same school.

Again thank you for your assistance

Regards
Vanessa

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 30 Dec 2011 08:27

Your welcome.
My sister went to Camberwell High School.

Tony ( also born c.1940s )... :-D

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 30 Dec 2011 15:23

Hi Tony, I just noted that you have the name Copley in your list of names that you are researching .. this is interesting to me as my grandmother was a Copley from SusseX/Surrey area of England ... intriguing to say the least as it is not that common a name.

Regards
Vanessa

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 30 Dec 2011 21:25

Hi Vanessa.
Have sent you a GR email regarding my Copley family.
My grandmother was also a Copley.

Tony :-)

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 12 Feb 2012 23:37

To all who have assisted me in the search for my cousin, Rosalie Hokin (nee Roscoe), I am extremely happy to advise that I have made contact with not only Rosalie but also her 2 sisters Kathleen and Susan.

I am going to Inverlock, Victoria meet them all in two weeks. I am so excited to finally meet and family members from my Fathers side of the family tree. We will be sharing family stories and history.

Again many thanks for all your input and assistance.

Vanessa :-D <3

Vanessa

Vanessa Report 5 Mar 2012 23:14

UPDATE............

Meet up with my Cousins Rosalie Hokin, Susan Hall and Kathleen Wright (all nee Roscoe) Had an amazing weekend with them swapping family history and stories, marvelling at so many of the similarities between the family members.

I would like to thank all who assisted me once again, for without your help I would not have found them.

Regards
Vanessa

Lynski

Lynski Report 6 Mar 2012 04:23

So pleased for you.