Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WELLS

Page 0 + 1 of 6

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 26 Feb 2012 19:13

I'm trying to find out about JACQUELINE WELLS and her brother PETER WELLS. Their mother was Irene Watson, father was Charles Wells. They seperated and both Peter and Jacqueline, along with their brother David Wells were taken into care. All were born in Batley, West Yorkshire during the 1930/1940's. I believe Jacqueline came out of care after a few years and lived with her grandmother who's name I dont know. The care home was in the Dewsbury area and was known as Cottage boys and girls home, although I'm not sure if this was the correct name. Peter had an illness and was not expected to live a long life, Their mother Irene went on to marry John Towned and their father Charles died abroad whilst serving in the forces.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Feb 2012 19:23

I can see the births. May I ask your relationship to them?
Jan

Peter

Peter Report 26 Feb 2012 20:16

David is my father - I was obviously named after his brother - I also have a sister called Jacqueline who must be named after his sister. When they all went into care my dad was about 6 years old and thats the last time he saw Jacqueline & Peter. I have a daughter named Charlie and it turns out my father's father was called Charlie! My dad is at a stage in his life now where he feels he can revisit his past and talk about it. He would really like to know what became of his siblings. I am eztremely grateful for any help - I have never done anything at all of this nature and I'm working with very limited information.

Peter

Peter Report 26 Feb 2012 20:20

I believe the sister Jacqueline moved to the London area but I donlt know when or if it was permanent.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Feb 2012 22:48

Nudging for other helpers to put their heads together!

The siblings are in fact Jacqueline I Wells and Derek R. Wells.

Try as I might I can find no trace of them after their births. Possible 2nd marriages have been found for their parents but not really relevant I suspect.
I am floundering here, even resorting to notions that they were adopted or sent abroad!

We need brainier folks to have a go at finding what happened to them I think!

Jan

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Feb 2012 23:00

Poss marriage for Jacqueline in 1971 will pm the info.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Feb 2012 23:02

I see the one you mean Sheila - I discounted it as there is another person with the same name born in the south-east, but I shouldn't assume!
Thanks for joining in.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 26 Feb 2012 23:07

Any reason why unknown thinks 'Peter' when jan has found Derek R?

jax

jax Report 26 Feb 2012 23:08

I was looking at that marriage earlier and as it was in Essex and the other birth was down south I paired it up with that one...but you never know!!

So what happened to the person who was born in the south??

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Feb 2012 23:11

Re. Peter/Derek - apparently it was known he was born Derek but for some reason was called Peter! Derek is the only birth which fits with all the info.
Must confess I am stumped by this one, I really hope someone can shed some light for Peter and his father.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 26 Feb 2012 23:14

Peter?
Peter W Wells
Mother's Maiden Surname: Watson
Date of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1931
Registration district: Middlesbrough
Inferred County: Yorkshire North Riding
Volume Number: 9d
Page Number: 817

Added:
marriage 1938, so no.

Peter

Peter Report 26 Feb 2012 23:19

WOW you guys thank you so much for everything you are doing!

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Feb 2012 23:21

looks like Peter is quite a bit older than the others. Would you know if Jacqueline may have taken her Grandmothers name ?
Like you say the marriage is most likely for the other person, but cannot be ruled out.

patchem

patchem Report 26 Feb 2012 23:23

There are marriages in the North East for 'Derek R Wells', and there are Derek R Wells on 192.com, but in the South/South East.

Buy the birth certificates for exact dates of birth?

Peter

Peter Report 26 Feb 2012 23:24

Peter was definitely the youngest sibling. Jacqueline the oldest, then my father David, then Peter (or Derek). My father doesn't know any of his grandparents names.

patchem

patchem Report 26 Feb 2012 23:27

Jacqueline, 1938, David, 1940, Derek (known as peter) 1944.

Just for information:
Marriages Jun 1938
Watson Irene Wells Dewsbury 9b 1576
Wells Charlie B Watson Dewsbury 9b 1576

Peter

Peter Report 26 Feb 2012 23:30

Hi Pat - I've ordered my dad a birth certificate. Not sure what you do about changing your birthday celebrations after 70 years. At least it wont come as a shock to him as he was aware the date he believed to be his birthday could be wrong.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 26 Feb 2012 23:31

There are some possible leads for the parents. I wonder if it is worth pursuing these? Not exactly what is being asked but I guess there is a remote chance someone out there knows a bit more.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 26 Feb 2012 23:37

?
Births Dec 1917
Wells Charlie B Barrett Dewsbury 9b 676

??
Charlie B Wells
Birth Date: 29 Oct 1917
Date of registration: Jun 1990
Age at Death: 72
Registration district: Nuneaton and Bedworth