Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Phyllis, Diane, Cecilia, Jacqueline, John BENTLEY?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nicola

nicola Report 25 May 2012 10:18

LOOKING FOR ANY FAMILY MEMBERS WHO LIVE OR LIVED IN LIVERPOOL. PLEASE HELP.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 May 2012 10:37

When roughly were they born? You might need marriages for the females in order to trace them.
In the meantime, have you looked on Facebook, 192.com, BT online?
Jan

nicola

nicola Report 25 May 2012 11:12

Cecilia was born in 1943, Jacqueline in 1945, Phyllis in 1946, David in 1967 and Rose and John Married in 1937. Yeah I've tried looking and just cant get anywhere, at first the only thing I knew was Phyllis her date of birth and her mum and dad were called John and Rose, I've found everything else out myself, mostly from this site. Got 192.com as well and just cant find any whereabouts of them at all. Thanks Nicola.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 May 2012 12:41

I have found a likely marriage for Rose - will Pm details.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 May 2012 12:47

Possible sadly:

Name: Cecilia Bentley
Mother's Maiden Surname: Marney
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1943
Registration district: Liverpool South
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 205

Name: Cecilia Bentley
Birth Date: abt 1943
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1943
Age at Death: 0
Volume: 8b
Page: 89

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 May 2012 17:19

In case anyone else is looking, I have PM'd names of other possible children plus a couple of marriages. I have to say they are a bit troublesome - not helped by the almost total absence of middle names!
I have also suggested that if all else fails, looking for their mother's death (she was Rose Marney prior to marriage) might help as a last resort. I have found a possible, details are:

Name: Rose Bentley
Birth Date: 6 Feb 1915
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1982
Age at Death: 67
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Merseyside
Volume: 36
Page: 1170

Sadly I suspect this might be Jacqueline - birth year matches and as far as I can see there are no others:

Name: Jacqueline Bentley
Birth Date: abt 1946
Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1946
Age at Death: 0
Volume: 8b
Page: 79

Jan

nicola

nicola Report 28 May 2012 13:46

Wow, so Rose had her 5 daughers and lost 2 of them, thats really sad. Just have to keep looking for Phyllis, Rose and Joan then. Thankyou.

nicola

nicola Report 29 May 2012 11:13

someone please help! really struggling to get any further in my search.

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 29 May 2012 13:09

Have pm a couple of possible marriages for Phyllis and Joan as I do not know if you already have them. Where exactly are you up to??

nicola

nicola Report 29 May 2012 13:35

At first the only information I had was my stepmums birth name (Shes the person searching for the family, i'm looking for her to help. Helen Bentley) and her mums name Phyllis Diane Bentley, and her gran and grandad John and Rose Bentley. I searched around a bit and found that Rose was originally called Marney, and a death record stacks up, so weve sent away for a death certificate to see who registered it and trying that way. While i was looking i also found that Rose, Phyllis' mum had 4 other possible children, Jacqueline and Cecilia who both died when they were born, and Rose and Joan who have no death records and could still be alive. However, they both could be married and there are a few records suggesting they could be any of them. I'm struggling to find where they are, I have all the possible names but the electoral roll just isnt helping.

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 29 May 2012 14:08

have pm earlier records of 1881 and 1891 census for John Marney 1884 who I believe married Mary Ann Carr 1909. One of their daughters was Rose 1915 who married John Bentley just to let other members know.

nicola

nicola Report 30 May 2012 22:08

can you please help me find a john bentley born 1937 mothers maiden name marney

nicola

nicola Report 31 May 2012 11:27

Looking for a John Bentley born in 1937 , who would be Phyllis (1946) , Rose (1940), Joan (1939), Cecilia (1943-1943) and Jacquelines (1945-1945) brother. His mother and father were Rose Marney and John Bentley. They were all born in the South of Liverpool maiden name being MARNEY. Cant find anyone, in any tree. So trying to focus on the brother John, or possibly Phyllis' son David Bentley born 1967 also in Liverpool. Thanks.