Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

No Birth Record

Page 0 + 1 of 5

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

alan

alan Report 28 May 2012 20:15

How would I trace a relative whose birth doesn't appear to be registered, even though their birth was in the 1940's

patchem

patchem Report 28 May 2012 20:17

Where have you looked for the birth?
And what country do you mean?
Thanks

jax

jax Report 28 May 2012 20:17

Welcome to the boards Alan

Could the child have been born before the parents married?

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 May 2012 20:27

Remember that birth can often be found in the following quarter

eg, a child born late November 1940 can if the birth was a late entry be found in march quarter 1941

due to the 6 weeks you are allowed to register a birth

Roy

alan

alan Report 28 May 2012 20:54

Was born (as far as I know), sometime between 1940 and 1950 in England (once agin as far as I know). I suspect she was actually born in 1947, but I have searched every record between those 10 years with no joy. It's driving me mad, as I'm searching for my birth Mother.

jax

jax Report 28 May 2012 20:58

Maybe she was not born in England or wales?

alan

alan Report 28 May 2012 21:03

her surname was watson, so suppose possibilty could be Scottish, I presume Jaxs post these are not included. thans for quick replies, much appreciated

patchem

patchem Report 28 May 2012 21:29

With a very common surname, how do you know that you have not found her?

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 28 May 2012 22:52

Could she have been the child of a man in the armed services?
Children born in service men (and women) abroad don't (at the moment ) have thrie births recorded on freebmd or An----rt.

They are however recorded on FM-

Also if she had two (or more) forenames they may have been changed around.

Good luck.

Petef

Petef Report 29 May 2012 17:37

Hi,
In my family we have a birth certificate of an illegitimate child that had very few truths on it. My problem therefore was the same as yours.....seemingly the birth wasn't registered. Perhaps the surname you are looking for is not Watson?
I put my query to Genes, as you have done, By deducing fact from fiction, thay solved the problem for me ! So don't give up, she is out there somewhere.
Good luck.
Peter

alan

alan Report 29 May 2012 20:02

Thanks for all your replies, really is appreciated

JustDinosaurJill

JustDinosaurJill Report 29 May 2012 23:27

Hi Alan.
Send (pm) me what you have and what you have done so far. I'll double check your searches and see if I can find.

Jill

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 May 2012 00:04

Do you have an address where she was living when you were born?

Rose

alan

alan Report 30 May 2012 21:17

Many thanks for all offers of help etc. The following is what I know. Madeline Theresa Watson, Married 09/09/68, and was living in Dorset Place, Leamore, Walsall. Father's name was John Watson

Petef

Petef Report 30 May 2012 22:04

Hi,
Have you checked this out Alan?....
There is an Armed Forces birth in Israel for an 'unnamed female Watson' born 1940.

Peter

alan

alan Report 31 May 2012 05:57

Thanks Pete, but that would make her too old

jax

jax Report 31 May 2012 06:14

Could she have been Irish?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 31 May 2012 08:01

Alan,

You said earlier she was born somewhere between 1940 and 1950 . Was no age listed when she married? Who were the witnesses?

Rose

Flip

Flip Report 31 May 2012 08:42

If you are pretty sure she was born 1947 there is a possible birth under the name Norman (mmn Norman) in Q3, and a Q4 Watson/Norman marriage, but he is not called John. I can't see a marriage or death to correspond with this birth.

alan

alan Report 31 May 2012 08:50

I'm getting confused now lol. I did some research a few years ago, and was gonna apply to Salvation Army. On forms I filled in, I must have obtained information that Fathers name was John, and birth was 1947. Are there different types of Marriage Certificates that would hold various information?