Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Relatives of Doris Edith Steer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 19 Aug 2012 19:59

Hi

I am looking for the descendants of Doris Edith Steer (born in 1913 to Harriet Steer in Sussex). Doris married Lewis Gibbins and had 3 children but we now believe that she may have had another child with someone else and returned to her family in Surrey/Croydon where she left it. This was around the mid 1940's but could be earlier. Any information would be fantastic either posted on here or via private message.

Thanks.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Aug 2012 20:28

Take a look on FreeBMD the child should be registered in either her current surname or she may reg it in her maiden name

Anna

Anna Report 19 Aug 2012 20:35

Hi thanks for replying,

I've looked on freebmd and there's a number of possible people it could be. Unfortunately as we don't know the exact year, place of birth or name the baby was registered under I think it's going to be a case of looking for a needle in a haystack! I'm hoping someone may actually know this person or something about it and will get in touch.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Aug 2012 20:51

The chances of that are virtually zero

have you looked in search trees to see if anyone else is researching DORIS?

Anna

Anna Report 19 Aug 2012 20:59

Hi

Thanks yes I'm already in contact with those researching her

Anna

Anna Report 22 Aug 2012 14:13

nudge