Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

King's and Brann's of Tenterden, Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 25 Aug 2012 21:09

I am trying to find any living relatives of my grandmother's family who lived in the Tenterden and Small Hythe area. I have some wonderful old family photographs that I would love to share.

My grandmother was Alice Mabel King born 1897 in Tenterden. Her father was Joseph Oliver King and her mother was Mary Ann Brann (please note there are two Mary Brann's in the village at this time. Our family is descendant of the Mary whose father was called Henry and mother Ann George)

If you know of anyone I would love to hear from you so I can try and make the connections.

Best Regards, Dawn Tolson :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Aug 2012 23:12

To find possible links on this site............look under the 'search' button at 'search all trees'

Put in the names, dates etc..........if anyone else is researching them.....send a message

John

John Report 21 Nov 2012 20:03

Oh How I would love to see some photos. My mum was Alice May King, daughter of Albert James King (my grandfather), born Tenterden in 1870. So your Alice was the daughter of Albert's brother Joseph Oliver who married Mary Ann Bran. Joseph's parents were Joseph Oliver King and Sarah Ann Austin. I only have one photo of my mother in her 'teens' aged 14, other than that they are of my mum with my family. I am really stuck on a relative of my mum's whom I cannot find any trace of other than that I have them all! I have been to Smallhythe Church many times because that is where Joseph and Sarah Ann are buried. Such a beautiful little church.
Yours sincerely
Anne

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Nov 2012 22:22

Anne

Suggest you send a message to dawn by clicking on her name

She hasn't bothered to return to look at replies

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 Nov 2012 13:20

Reggie, those r harsh words. I get on here when I can and John, of course I will send you some photos although I only have my side of the kings .

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Nov 2012 15:06

You returned....at last

Have you taken the advice posted way back in August?

If you post asking for help, and aren't planning on returning for several months, please just say so.

That way, people know where they stand

Dawn

Dawn Report 22 Nov 2012 17:48

Reggie, I am going to assume you mean, well but your words are somewhat insulting. Please refrain from commenting about my absence, of which you have not idea why, and only comment if you have something constructive to say.