Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sheila Daughters Debbie Lynn Allison And Melissa

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Spencer

Spencer Report 14 Oct 2012 03:09

This is a follow up from a post I originally made in 2010 I have a little bit more information I now believe that the family I am trying to find lived in tower hamlets in the early eighties(not sure if that helps at all)I know I said canning town west ham and east ham before so its definately that part of london I'm interested in as mentioned the mum was called sheila(she was a relative of my mums second husband and is probably not alive anymore)and her four daughters were called debbie lynn allison and melissa(allison and melissa would be the same age as me now early to mid forties)and would remember me as spencer baker (they're the two I'm really trying to find)unfortuanetly none of my relatives remember their surnames and my mum divorced her husband over twenty years ago.I know its a long shot as I don't have their surnames(they could be married now which would make finding them even more difficult)but there can't be many families with four daughters with those names living in that area of london in the eighties I'm desperate to find any of them but preferably allison and melissa they played a big part in my childhood and I have great memories of going to see them in london on a regular basis so any help is greatly appreciated many thanks spencer.

jax

jax Report 14 Oct 2012 04:22

Here is the other thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1227751

Penny

Penny Report 14 Oct 2012 07:07

I guess your mums second husband's surname might help a bit

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Oct 2012 08:57

Suggest you look for your mother's second marriage...get the cert , then use the info to research the man...and his family, which might lead you to 'Sheila'.

Spencer

Spencer Report 15 Oct 2012 15:31

Thanks for the sensible replies to the stupid ones there's no need trying to be smart I did say its a long shot this community is huge and it is quite possible that someone not family related recognises a family with four daughters with those names it doesn't have to be a member of the family it can be a friend who lived in that area of london at the time I do realise its going to be very difficult without a surname which I mentioned in my original post its quite possible though that an old family friend could be on genes reunited and recognise the names.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Oct 2012 22:27

Spencer

Having an attitude like yours won't encourage anyone to try to help you.

Do some research...........

janebull

janebull Report 15 Oct 2012 23:04

Just to say I DO hope you will be lucky - I was always told if you don't ask you won't get - so heres hoping someone will come accross this and recognize the names , stranger things have happened ! :-)

Spencer

Spencer Report 16 Oct 2012 01:31

Thanks very much jane someones already working on it for me now I'm not very good at this stuff so hopefully someone will recognise the names I know without the surnames it was always going to be tough but whatever happens I'll keep on searching whats unique is four daughters with those names living in that area at the time here's hoping I can get a positive result.

Penny

Penny Report 16 Oct 2012 06:26

Which replies are stupid?
As you are no further on,I was going to have a play about with Names in registers. Not sure its worth it-

Allison with two L's is unusual- is that correct spelling?

Spencer

Spencer Report 18 Oct 2012 21:45

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this search a boards helper(she knows who she is)has worked with me and has solved it in three days thats without a surname and the alison had one L not two I originally posted in 2010 without any luck so this is a brilliant result.

janebull

janebull Report 18 Oct 2012 23:21

Well done - there are some great helpers on here - people who can make the seemingly impossible possible . It is always worth asking - i am pleased you finally have results.

:-)