Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael John Day at Birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sue1946

sue1946 Report 24 Oct 2012 20:18

I am looking for Michael John Day born in London in 1960 then adopted as a baby.
Any information or help and advice on how to try and find him would be gratefully recieved

jax

jax Report 24 Oct 2012 21:13

Do you know Laura who seems to have him in her tree?

If you are related have you added your name to the Adoption contact register?

sue1946

sue1946 Report 24 Oct 2012 21:16

yes and yes we are related and sent the form of recently. Thanks

sue1946

sue1946 Report 25 Oct 2012 16:27

Ive had letter back from GRO, Michael is not on the adoption contact register so any ideas where i should go from here?

Petef

Petef Report 26 Oct 2012 20:49

Hi,
if you are related, have you contacted the Adoption Section of the Social Services Dept in the area where Michael was born if he was adopted soon after birth? They may have his Adoption file. You will be permitted to leave a letter for him on this file to be given to him if / when he goes searching for his birth family. The social worker is not permitted to give you his adoptive name or to tell you of his whereabouts. It depends on your relationship to Michael as to how else they may help you.
Good luck
Peter

sue1946

sue1946 Report 19 Apr 2013 10:02

jus to lety you all know we foind my neices brother and my nephew we used a woman who finds addopeted children so thank you all for you help sue