Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jones cousins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 4 Nov 2012 20:59

Hi
I would like to contact my Jones cousins from the following relatives we have in common:
Arthur Leonard Jones (1902 Stoke Newington) and Robert Jones (1903 Stoke Newington) - parents Ellen Sarah Ives and Arthur William Jones.
Arthur married Ethel Gladys Cripps in 1926 and died in 1957 in Kent
Robert married Elsie Lily Farwell In 1927 and died in 1955 in Hampstead, lived in Stanmore
Arthur and Robert has siblings Ernest and Ellen Florence(my Grandmother)
In some family letters the names Betty, Elsie, and Marion or Marianne are mentioned.
I think the families of the siblings had a falling out, don't know about what, but it would be nice to chat and share info with cousins if they are interested. Some of these relatives had connections to the Sommerset area, Burnham on Sea areas.
My relatives came to Canada in the early 50's and everyone lost touch. I am a pretty good sleuth when it comes to family history, but these relatives have me stumped. I have ordered the usual marriage and death certificates.
Thanks Sharon

patchem

patchem Report 4 Nov 2012 21:39

Have you looked to see if anyone has any of these ancestors in their trees on here?
Have you got copies of the death certificates to see who the informants were?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Nov 2012 23:12

Have you used freebmd to check whether either of the marriages to which you refer produced any offspring?

If you haven't, you should. I can see possible children for Robert & Elsie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Nov 2012 23:13

Births Dec 1903 (>99%)
FARWELL Elsie Lilian Islington 1b 199