Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William John Hignell.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 20 Jan 2013 14:53

Born 1896, B'ham. Parents John W Hignell & Annie Bertha Briggs.Sailed to Wellington,New Zealand from Southampton 12/1/1922. He was a butcher by trade. Would like help to trace decendents in New Zealand.
JMJ.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Jan 2013 14:56

Have you tried looking for matches Stephen? Use 'search all trees' from search box above.
I suggest you edit your posting and put 'New Zealand' in your heading.
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Jan 2013 15:02

Just a quick note - had a look for Hignells in NZ & Oz on White Pages, but nothing showing as far as I can tell.
Jan

Stephen

Stephen Report 20 Jan 2013 15:04

Thank you for the suggestion . Will do so now.
JMJ.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Jan 2013 15:06

Also - make sure he is in your tree too. Even if you have no success looking for him now, it's quite possible someone else will also start looking for connections one day!
Hope you find him, we can't have Brummies getting lost in foreign parts can we.
Jan :-D

Stephen

Stephen Report 20 Jan 2013 15:17

One match on searhing all trees Have sent message & hoping for a reply. William is my friends Uncle so not in my tree.
Thanks again for your help.
JMJ.

Lynski

Lynski Report 21 Jan 2013 03:36

Just a thought - did you only send the automatic message that asks to see the other persons tree?

If so, you might not get a reply....???

It is best to delete that message and type in one of your own saying who you are looking for and giving dates and places etc.

Stephen

Stephen Report 21 Jan 2013 14:04

I added my own message to the automatic one but no reply as yet.
Thanks for tip.
JMJ