Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Danielle

Danielle Report 8 Aug 2013 20:17

I am currently looking for the owner of a family tree who's name is Ian Calderwood, in their tree there was a member named kimberley Louise her sutname at birth was evans but was adopted 6 week later. Kimberly was born inthe month of may 1984 at st David's, Bangor. If any body could help with anything it would be much appreciated.

jax

jax Report 8 Aug 2013 20:23

Why have you started another thread?

Danielle

Danielle Report 8 Aug 2013 21:16

What is your problem I am new at this its hard enough without you being inquisitive?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2013 21:43

Danielle

With 13 posts to your name, you are not exactly new to this.

And the site guidelines state one post per topic.

You must be able to take advice if you ask for help.....................

Being rude is not necessary......and won't encourage people to try to help you

Send the man a message..............................

jax

jax Report 8 Aug 2013 21:55

All the other posts were on the other thread Reggie

Why has my post been reported?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2013 22:06

No idea, jax..........I didn't see it.

I posted on the other thread, which seems to have been deleted.

I advised careful wording of any message Danielle sent to this man.....................

And, if I remember correctly, it was pointed out that the birth year for the child named in this other tree was two years different from the one Danielle is looking for.

But, being rude isn't likely to endear Danielle to anyone..............

EDIT

The child in Ian's tree was born in SOUTH WEST Wales.......................NOT Bangor, which is NORTH Wales...............and in 1982........not 1984.

Also..............Danielle's assertion that the child in Ian's tree is Kimberley Louise is false.

There is no chance that this is the same child......................

Please take these facts on board, Danielle

jax

jax Report 8 Aug 2013 22:12

I have already explained that Reggie....but what do I know

Shall let you continue

Danielle

Danielle Report 8 Aug 2013 22:20

I do apologise for upsetting either of you this was not my intention what so ever. Please accept my apologies, I am new at searching for a sibling. I am all for advice just didn't want to rule anything out once again I do apologise.

Danielle

Danielle Report 8 Aug 2013 22:25

I do apologise for upsetting either of you this was not my intention what so ever. Please accept my apologies, I am new at searching for a sibling. I am all for advice just didn't want to rule anything out once again I do apologise.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2013 22:28

OK, Danielle, apology accepted.

Your best bet is to add yourself to the national adoption contact register - and hope that Kimberley has done the same

Danielle

Danielle Report 8 Aug 2013 22:37

I have been looking into it today but does it matter what area I live in because kimberley was adopted in Wales and I live in Manchester. Or is there just 1 register for all adoptions?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Aug 2013 12:59

It's a National Data Base

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Danielle

Danielle Report 9 Aug 2013 22:07

Thanks for your help I have been in touch with local authorities which help you find adopted siblings and I also waiting for forms for the registration hopefully I will have some look:-D